New 4595

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by kengrant, Mar 17, 2015.

1. kengrant

kengrant Member

First firing with Winchester 230 gr. ball ammo. 100 rds. with no failures at all.
    Factory sights at 25 yds. as they came out of the box.

About 6 in. right and about the same low, :mad:

Have not moved the sights yet as I am still working on trying to get used to the trigger.:wah:

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome kengrant, fun fun fun!!!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Ken, if you have Academy Sports in your area look into the Monarch ammo. I have been using it in 45 and 9 millimeter and its just as good as the Winchester best news is it's a few dollars a box cheaper. It's always nice to see another satisfied customer but then again it's a 45 so how can you not be satisfied :)

4. kengrant

kengrant Member

Gonna have to move the sights a large amount to zero !

5. kengrant

kengrant Member

I have worlds of factory ammo on hand and that is enough to last the rest of my life plus I also reload

6. kengrant

kengrant Member

I just think I will get rid of the 4595

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I just received a 4595TS from Armslist yesterday. I paid $230 total shipped from Colorado. How much for yours?

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

Just get rid of it because you have to zero the sights? Hate to know what youd do if you had a real issue.

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I think that's a great idea. We won't have to help you when you install your charging knob upside down.

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It's pretty rare for a new firearm to come from the factory, zeroed. Try zeroing it before you decide to get rid of it.

11. kengrant

kengrant Member

Measured the target and backer today. Some hits were off the target and I just guessed on my first post.
    8 in. right and 4 in. low at 25 yds !!!!!!
    Something is out of whack.

This was off a bench and sandbags.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  12. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Make sure your front sight is on tight, not kidding if its loose you'll be all over the place.
    You said your having an issue with the trigger, that will cause you problems.
    When you clean it you might have some factory paint or trash in there.
    Good luck.

13. cicpup

Vermont
    That's why both sights not only go left & right, they go up & down too.

Start with centering the front sight.

14. kengrant

kengrant Member

60 years of shooting all kinds of guns but never had one to be so far off at 25 yds.
    Low I can understand but 8 in. off windage at 25 yds???????????

15. cicpup

Vermont
    All that experience you'd think you could center the front sight.

Do you need to get smashed in the head with a brick before you realize it's "red"?

16. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    With regards to elevation, I would recommend that you use the corse elevation adjustment screw that is mounted on the front sight post before you go using the fine elevation adjustment screw on the rear sight.

I am curious, though. How many rounds are you firing, per group, before you make adjustments? How many times have you made adjustments? Based on your posts, it appears that you just fired a bunch of round but didn't make any sight adjustments.

Answering these questions might give us some insights into what the issue is.

17. kengrant

kengrant Member

Seems as if some just jump in without reading others posts.

18. kengrant

kengrant Member

Why didn't maker center front sight????
    Never in yrs. of shooting has a new or even old rifle be this far off.

19. cicpup

Vermont
    Be grateful they remembered to install it. You could have grabbed an allen wrench and fixed it in less time it took you to b!tch about it.

20. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

60 years of shooting. You should have no issues sighting in a gun. Keep trying get it right and you will like it.