New 995 Owner

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by dispatch55126, Nov 26, 2007.

1. I just purchased a new 995 this weekend. Very ugly but utilitarian and the only complaits I've ever heard is the looks.

Anyways, are there any quirks I should know about?

While we're at it, lets see some pics of mods people have done.

2. vallen

vallen Member

Have a look around. I think you will find loads of information already posted as well as gun pics, mod info and other useful information.

Welcome!

3. dispatch55126

First off... Welcome to the HPFF! And congrats on the 995, your gonna love it!

A lot of guys on the forum like the ATI stock and that's where you will see the most mod's done to the carbine. The factory stock is pretty much one of those what you get is what you have deals.

I am relatively new with the 995 myself, but one thing I did do was disassemble my mags and do the fluff and buff to the followers and smooth out the seams inside the mag using several files. The fluff and buff to the mags made them feel a lot smoother when the springs are compressed/decompressed and will probably ensure a reliably feed for a long time to come.

rimfirehunter

4. The main quirk is that soon you are more concerned with feeding it ammo than you are feeding yourself :wink: