Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up mt 995 today!!! cant wait to try it out!! mite hit the range this weekend. i got 2 mags with it do they all come with 2 mags? any suggestions for a cheap scope? im intrested in red dot.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
The BSA Red Dot that came with my 995 is OK. It is a 1X. Works nice but the factory rails on the rifle kinda suck. I am probably going to eventually replace them with a nice weaver rail for a flat top AR or something similar. The real test for the Red Dot will be when I go shootin with it.

I have not had the chance to try out my 995 yet. I will this sunday though.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Great! Mine only came with 1 mag :'(. Check out milsurp, the owner is a member of HPFF and has great prices and good service!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
+1 on milsurp. My black ATI stock was purchased from there. Fast service and saved $10. :yay!:

I have a TruGlo red dot on one of my 10/22's. Not sure how it would hold up on a 995 though.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Ive owned my 995 for 10 or so years. It was a jam o matic for 100 rounds or so, but I havent had any problems since! :D Mine only came with 1 mag, but I bought 1 more factory mag. I would really like to get about 10 more factory mags, and a HP 9mm pistol! 8)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Take a look at the BSA RD30, I've seen them at WalMart for about $30. These are the same as the factory red dot sold by Hi Point.

Ron M.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Just shot my very used 995 ($189 shipped from Gunbroker) for the first time today. Nice little carbine.

I was having trouble with WWB hollow points. The first round would get caught in the magazine, nose down (enough to catch the front of the mag). When I racked the bolt, it would just hang up. Found if I slapped the bottom of the pistol grip/magazine, that first round would pop up and feed, allowing the slide to close. The rest of them fed without incident. Interestingly, it would happen if I had as few as 7 in the magazine.

I was just plinking today (pop bottles, etc.) but found I was shooting quite a bit high (@ 6 inches) at 25 yards. Is it possible the last owner sighted in for 100? Would that be an appropriate drop or is it just differnce in shooters?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.