New 995 plus XD and C9 range report.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Vstromper, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Vstromper

Vstromper Guest

I couldn't stand it. I had to have a 995. Big R had them on sale this week so I got one for $169. There's probably better deals out there but I'm happy with it.

Out of the box at 3 yards the pattern was tight but 4 inches left. I adjusted the sites to center then moved the target back to 25 yards (max distance at the indoor range) This is my first group:

The round in the picture is for size reference.
    [​IMG]
    25yrds, Winchester 115 gr. FMJ - seated and supported

Then I managed this group standing and unsupported:
    [​IMG]

I'm very impressed with this gun. It's an absolute blast to shoot. I ran 100 round through it and did not have one problem. It is sweet. My wife even likes it.

I reluctantly put the carbine away to try my new XD (4") also a very impressive weapon if maybe a little off topic:

[​IMG]
    16 rounds - 7yrds, Winchester 115 gr. FMJ - seated and supported

Then I tried the same with my C9:
    [​IMG]

Not quite as good with the C9 but still more than good enough for the nightstand. I had one jam with the C9 on the last round of the first magazine. It doesn't seem to do it when I only load 7 but when I load 8 the last one jams more often than not.

I had a great day at the range but I need to get to the outside range and see how the 995 does with some distance.

2. Good shooting, glad to hear you had a blast

Try fully loading your mag and letting it set for a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference