New 995-very unhappy...

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by choctaw, Jan 9, 2008.

1. ...very unhappy I only got to put 100 rounds through it before it got too dark . :D I'm very happy with its performance (Monarch FMJ). I popped a scope on it and got her dialed in pretty fast. I'm punching one ragged hole with this carbine at 25 yards. This weekend when I have more time (and ammo) I'll extend the range somewhat. I would like to try it on a coyote or two Sunday...

I will say this though. I'm not much of a paper shooter. When sighting in I work for tight groupson paper. Afterwards, its little critters, cans, milk cartons and other stuff that react when hit. I'm still just a kid when it comes to plinking.

2. :lol:

Your topic title was a fooler. If you were unhappy with it, at least 25 guys would have offered to take it off you hands.

3. You scared the s__t out of me for a minute!!!
    I'm getting mine a week from tomorrow and I don't need that kind of news.
    Good luck shooting this weekend.

4. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

Well he fits right in at home at this forum.

5. Great to hear man. Try to find some +P or +P+ JHP for the yotes. Then email me pics of them lol. Good luck with the critters

6. Where @ in Grayson co? I work in Sherman (@ Alpha Sys)-- I go to Tom Bean at lunch some days to shoot--

7. Ah a wise guy - for that you have to loan your 995 to a non-995 member for two weeks, and NO complaining!

Congrats on the good shoot!

8. Never fear Pogy. This is my second time around with these carbines and I have yet to be disappointed.

:lol:

I plan on getting some +P tomorrow. Hopefully I can hunt Saturday evening, Sunday for sure. Pics will be forthcoming.

Ralph's Range? I shoot there too sometime. I live in Van Alstyne by the way.

What?! Two weeks??? Drat, guess I'll pay more attention to the forum rules next time. :shock:

9. You sneaky lad, you!
    You had us going there for a minute.!
    Glad you like it. :D

10. Ha, even though I usually don't like misleading or non applicable titles your got me good with this one.

That and we have another Texan on board.

11. No ones perfect. I don't care what you texans say.

12. neothespian

neothespian Member

Another snarky shooter who likes poking a den of bears with a sharp stick??

MAN, you guys didn't tell me that there'd be other applicants for my job :cry:

In all seriousness, you're going to find yourself cursing the daylight the more you shoot the 995. Last time I was seriously out with my 995 before having to sell it I burned 600 rounds between myself, my little sis and a friend of ours and it just wasn't enough. Even got the gun-snob Russian only arms guy out shooting it and agreeing it was "A serviceable weapon". Stef likes it because of the nearly non-existent kick but still wouldn't give her AR up for one. But she'd take MY 995 any chance she could when I wasn't home :p

Welcome to the club!

13. LOL had me going on the title as well. Anyways just wondering what type of a scope did you mount on her?

14. http://ncstar.com/new/productDetails.php?PID=67

This is the scope I slapped on the 995, Robert. I paid $8 for it (gotta love the internet) and had it mounted on my Saiga 7.62X39 until yesterday. I know some people have had problems with NCStar products, but I've always been happy with them.

15. panoz77

panoz77 Member

You got me to click it, :lol: .