Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...very unhappy I only got to put 100 rounds through it before it got too dark . :D I'm very happy with its performance (Monarch FMJ). I popped a scope on it and got her dialed in pretty fast. I'm punching one ragged hole with this carbine at 25 yards. This weekend when I have more time (and ammo) I'll extend the range somewhat. I would like to try it on a coyote or two Sunday...

I will say this though. I'm not much of a paper shooter. When sighting in I work for tight groupson paper. Afterwards, its little critters, cans, milk cartons and other stuff that react when hit. I'm still just a kid when it comes to plinking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You scared the s__t out of me for a minute!!!
I'm getting mine a week from tomorrow and I don't need that kind of news.
Good luck shooting this weekend.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Great to hear man. Try to find some +P or +P+ JHP for the yotes. Then email me pics of them lol. Good luck with the critters

·
Registered
555 Posts
Where @ in Grayson co? I work in Sherman (@ Alpha Sys)-- I go to Tom Bean at lunch some days to shoot--

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Ah a wise guy - for that you have to loan your 995 to a non-995 member for two weeks, and NO complaining!

Congrats on the good shoot!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You scared the s__t out of me for a minute!!!
I'm getting mine a week from tomorrow and I don't need that kind of news.
Good luck shooting this weekend.
Never fear Pogy. This is my second time around with these carbines and I have yet to be disappointed.

Well he fits right in at home at this forum.
:lol:

Great to hear man. Try to find some +P or +P+ JHP for the yotes. Then email me pics of them lol. Good luck with the critters
I plan on getting some +P tomorrow. Hopefully I can hunt Saturday evening, Sunday for sure. Pics will be forthcoming.

Where @ in Grayson co? I work in Sherman (@ Alpha Sys)-- I go to Tom Bean at lunch some days to shoot--
Ralph's Range? I shoot there too sometime. I live in Van Alstyne by the way.

Ah a wise guy - for that you have to loan your 995 to a non-995 member for two weeks, and NO complaining!
What?! Two weeks??? Drat, guess I'll pay more attention to the forum rules next time. :shock:

·
Registered
708 Posts
You sneaky lad, you!
You had us going there for a minute.!
Glad you like it. :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ha, even though I usually don't like misleading or non applicable titles your got me good with this one.

That and we have another Texan on board.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Another snarky shooter who likes poking a den of bears with a sharp stick??

MAN, you guys didn't tell me that there'd be other applicants for my job :cry:

In all seriousness, you're going to find yourself cursing the daylight the more you shoot the 995. Last time I was seriously out with my 995 before having to sell it I burned 600 rounds between myself, my little sis and a friend of ours and it just wasn't enough. Even got the gun-snob Russian only arms guy out shooting it and agreeing it was "A serviceable weapon". Stef likes it because of the nearly non-existent kick but still wouldn't give her AR up for one. But she'd take MY 995 any chance she could when I wasn't home :p

Welcome to the club!

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
LOL had me going on the title as well. Anyways just wondering what type of a scope did you mount on her?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://ncstar.com/new/productDetails.php?PID=67

This is the scope I slapped on the 995, Robert. I paid $8 for it (gotta love the internet) and had it mounted on my Saiga 7.62X39 until yesterday. I know some people have had problems with NCStar products, but I've always been happy with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts