New 995

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by kipnita, Mar 30, 2008.

1. kipnita

kipnita Guest

Bought the 995 yesterday and went to the range. Overall, I'm impressed!

I can see the need for a different charging handle.

My gun's box did not have the "adjustment tool" - I intend to contact Hi-point Monday to request one and order a couple of extra magazines too.

Gun action is tight but seemed to loosen up a bit with ~100 rounds downrange.

Fired the 995 more than the Glock 19!

2. Congrats, and welcome to the forum!

3. The carbines can be very addicting. I have as much fun with mine as I do about any weapon I own

Hi Point will take care of you on the missing tool, thats not a problem.

4. kipnita

kipnita Guest

Thanks for the welcomes.

Contacted Hi-Point this morning and requested an adjustment tool and an additional magazine for the 995 ($17). Maybe they'll send a freebie!

I'm looking forward to another trip to the range. I need to verify my deer rifles are zeroed and the 995 will go too.

Any recommendations for a decent quality but low cost red dot or halo sight? Thanks in advance.

5. SteveD

SteveD Member

kipnita:
    I've had good luck with a tasco tru-glo on my 995. Also I did have a barska 42mm aim point but after about 75 rnds the dot grew fuzz.

6. Ive had a lot of luck with BSA red dots and the BSA Parallax red dots. Not that expensive and quick target acquisition

7. kipnita

kipnita Guest

Thanks for the input re red dots! Will continue to "research".

8. kipnita

kipnita Guest

Update, ordered the adjustment tool and additional magazine on Monday - 3/31.

Order received today, Thursday - 4/3.

Impressive customer service!

9. kipnita

kipnita Guest

Update

Went back to the range last Sat.

Ran about 70 more rounds thru the 995.

I got the sights dialed in real nice at 25 yards but had a problem with some misfeeds.

I was using an UPLULA to load the 995 magazines and I believe it spread the magazine lips just enough to cause some feeding issues.

I "tweaked" the mags and they seem to be operating properly again.

I posted in the Tips section re the UPLULA. It is a GREAT tool for double stack mags but I would not recommend that it be used with single stacks.