New 995

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by bikeman, Apr 13, 2008.

1. bikeman

bikeman Guest

Bought a new 995, last week. Made it to the range today and had a blast! Worst thing about the trip was I only had one mag :cry: . Anyway, made 2 sight adjustments and was zero at 25 yards on zero paper target. Shot 250 rounds from CQC to 50 yards. Used steel head poppers and 10x12 steel plates. Had 2 Fail-to-Feeds. Simply pulled the charging handle and kept rockin'. My buddy was shooting it and the front sight came loose. Simply slid it back over the heat shield, tightened the screws, made mental note to get some locktite and rocked on. Man, I was so glad I added the 995 to my stock. Now, the 4095 won't be so lonely sitting next to the snobby AR. Hi-Point Rocks!!! :lol:

2. Grats, and glad you had a good time with it!

I need to take mine out and shoot the cobwebs out of them. Been in the safe for about 4 or 5 months.

3. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

Shooting the hi-point carbine is kinda skipping. You just can't do it without smiling. It goes to the range every time I go.

4. Congrats :). I'd get another 5 mags or so... makes it much more fun :)