Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the horses mouth.... Ohio Valley Firearms in Lancaster Ohio has approx. 100 or more NEW STYLE 995's in stock. This comming from the staff of the store! Apparently the new style is just an experiment, if they sell well they will continue to make it, if not were back to the old style. Im not that big a fan of the ones posted on the hi-point site right now, after holding a new one Im in love.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah they've had them at Vance's in Columbus for a while now. What are prices at Ohio Valley? They're usually way overpriced on everything there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Still has the plastic trigger. To gain respect durability is needed. I own a 995 w/ati stock and it works good. I doubt I will buy this till they at least upgrade product function not looks.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
they are around 260 here at the local ohio valley here in athens/nelsonville stores... i'd bet its similar up there.

although they claim to run independently of each other.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill run over tomorrow and check the prices for you all.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bout $250

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Still has the plastic trigger. To gain respect durability is needed. I own a 995 w/ati stock and it works good. I doubt I will buy this till they at least upgrade product function not looks.
What does a plastic trigger have to do with durability? I can name about 50 handguns right now that come with plastic triggers (plus the fact thar I have never heard of a trigger failing in the first place). Second, they did upgrade the function with a new charging handle, new more rigid stock material, adjustable cheek rest and a bolt hold open. :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
What does a plastic trigger have to do with durability? I can name about 50 handguns right now that come with plastic triggers (plus the fact thar I have never heard of a trigger failing in the first place). Second, they did upgrade the function with a new charging handle, new more rigid stock material, adjustable cheek rest and a bolt hold open. :rolleyes2:
No kidding... I'd better sell my XD, it has a plastic trigger OH NOES!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts