Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll tell ya what, I got this baby for a steal and it has got to be one of the nicest shooters i've touched. Conceals very easily, definately not a gun snob, but well worth the extra cash!! Accurate as all get out! I got rid of my C-9 to help pay for this, kinda miss the nine....... until I load this one up and fire it!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
had one, got rid of it in real short order. big round+little pistol=wicked recoil. even the subcompact 9mms are hard ot control. haev fun and hang on tight!

SW

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a little tricky with the standard mag (9 rounds) but with the little pinky extender or the extended 11 round mag I have, I can shoot it no problem. Even the wife and sister-in-law shot it without an issue. Definately has some thump for a little gun, but didn't wanna drop down to a .380 for conceal, so this seemed like the better option for me!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For sure! I'll tell ya, I always hated hearing guys talk about their Glocks, but after finally owning one I'm hooked. Won't bad mouth other guns at all and still love my HP's, but if I had to make a decision between the two..........no question whatsoever! The thing shoots flawlessly!!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
i love my glock 17, and i really loved the price i got it for $389. A local dealer gives Firefighters a govt discount, so New 9mm and 40s are $389 and 45s are $449, All with 3 Hi-cap mags. I couldn't turn down that price

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got this one for $449 with 2 extra 11rd mags, not terrible! It is used, but doesn't look like it was used much.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
had one, got rid of it in real short order. big round+little pistol=wicked recoil. even the subcompact 9mms are hard ot control. haev fun and hang on tight!

SW
LOL! Thats the truth. I can barely double tap my Mil Pro. It'll prolly be so loud you won't even have to hit the BG to scare him to death. My gun of pretty much equal proportions is LOUD!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I didn't think it was a bad deal. It was in my price range and is a reliable firearm, so she had no reason not to come home with me. I love my HP .45s and loved my C9, just wanted something a little easier to conceal, and this fits the bill.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on the 27. I had one for a few years but traded up for a 23C. 27 was perfect for CCW but I ended up target shooting more than I carried it. Got a steal on the 23C, with NS, and couldn't pass it up. It actually conceals pretty well but with the ported barrel it is ear bleedingly loud. I popped off one round at a groundhog in the garden without plugs in and will certainly think twice about ever doing it again. Maybe I can get the BG to give me a timeout so I can put my plugs in when I need them... I can't imagine what it would be like in a confined space. Im tempted to get a regular barrel for CCW and only use the compensated for match.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been checking these baby Glocks out lately, only thing I am not crazy about is a hanging pinky. Can you get your pinky on the grip with that extra hang on the magazine?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
A guy at the range let me pop off a few shots with his the other day... +1 for wicked recoil - it wasn't completely unmanageable, but it did take me a good half-second to get it back in line. It was a small pistol (obviously) so my hands were a bit cramped, even with the pinky catcher, but I could fit all my fingers on it no problem, and I have rather large hands.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The Springfield XD40 Subcompact will likely fit your hand better if you have large hands. Recoil on it is not remarkable but present. I think its a superior pistol but those opinions are just that.

As far as recoil is concerned its purely technique and practice. You have to take it to give it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.