New Addition To The Strangerous Family...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

This is the case that i bought today, It's sweet, it has foam inserts, latches, and has it's own carry handle. I suggest everyone go and get themselves one of these Rock Island Arms cases.
    [​IMG]
    I failed to mention what came in the nice hardshell case... It's a Rock Island Arms M1911 A1, .45 ACP Pistol... Yeah, It followed me home! Oh wait, I don't have an old lady, I BOUGHT IT. Here's the pics, so don't get the Gunny after me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So, Can I be a member of the 1911 club now or what?

2. Very nice!!!! Let us know how she shoots....

3. hpman

hpman Guest

I love that gun....looks exactly like mine .......before I added the hogue grip.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Very very nice

5. freedom

freedom Member

Yup you can be a member now. Just like mine before I changed out the grips for some very nice wood replacements. The grips were a gift and i don't remember where they came from but they make a big difference in how the gun looks and shoots.

6. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

Congratulations and good luck with it. It is a beauty.

7. elguapo

elguapo Guest

You are going to have fun!!!!

8. HPMAN,

Which grip did you buy for it? Is there a model number.

Strangerous,

Good buy. I have one myself. I got mine for 395 NIB and you can't go wrong getting a mil-spec 1911 for that price!! Think of the possibilities!!

9. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I think he got the Houge with the finger grips, of which a set I gave to Primal. I like myPachmyrs better, for some strange reason.

10. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Better Pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Going to the range in the morning, after i pick up some "Factory reloads" from the Jockey Lot/Flea Market... 500 round break-in period... geeez

11. Strangerous, you got a sweetheart right there, take care of her will ya?!

12. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I got an update! I've put 2 mags through it without a hitch... Long story. :lol: Hopefully i will make it to the range sometime this week, because I didn't buy 200 rounds of .45 to look at, I promise.

13. Ari

Ari Guest

Can you get us a photo of the rear of the gun where the slide and frame come together? I would like to see how tight that is.... I am thinking about a RIA

14. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

oh, she's tight Ari, ;) hold on...
    [​IMG]

15. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

Man that is a sweet gun.

16. Not a bad fit at all! Very nice buy Strangerous!

17. Great piece and thanks for the better pics. My eyes are already bad enough. Take care of her, and yourself!

18. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Here's a still shot of a norinco's rear end... LOL!
    [​IMG]
    From this YouTube Video
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbtXnNbbDg&feature=related[/ame]