Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New aluminum mag release button
i just got this off of a fellow member and its great and works so much better then the stock button with the ATi stock
took about 5 mins to install
here are some pics:
i think it looks HOT haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey there Jay,

Glad you like it,,, thanks for the review. If anyone is interested in one they can PM me on the forum here.

Bill

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i wasnt sure if you wanted me to post your name or not, but I must say a good seller and maker of parts, lots of communication and fast response.

this is a must have part just like the charge handle from bushman.

thx again Bill ^-^

·
Registered
18 Posts
The release will fit either the factory stock or the ATI stock as it simply replaces the plastic button that is used in both stocks.

Bill

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have a few more of these available if anyone is interested.
When on the ATI stock can you hit the mag release without moving your hand. As it is I have to use my off hand to hit the mag release.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
do u offer these in black oxide?
You don't black oxide a nonferrous metal. Aluminum has to be anodized which is a different process. Anodizing can be done in various colors. Black,red,and blue are common colors.

G

·
huh, the place where our company sends all it's aluminum gun parts to be blackened always charges them for "black oxide service" on the envoices...

Maybe oxiding parts is cheaper then annodizing, so they got some deal going on I didn't know about... :blink:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
huh, the place where our company sends all it's aluminum gun parts to be blackened always charges them for "black oxide service" on the envoices...

Maybe oxiding parts is cheaper then annodizing, so they got some deal going on I didn't know about... :blink:
I guess I was partially wrong with my first reply. There is what is considered to be a a black oxide process done on aluminum parts. It is called aluminum blackening. I believe it is considered to be a cold oxide process. It doesn't create the same protection effects that the hot solution black oxide processes do on ferrous metals.

The reason I said what I did is because it doesn't meet MIL-specs or AMS specs for most applications I have dealt with. My experience as a machinist has been with aircraft & helicopter parts, turbine & jet engine parts,satellite, and military defense parts that have more strict requirements than this cold process meets. I also believe this is a fairly new process developed to be more enviromental friendly. So I guess I may owe some an apology.

G

·

I guess I was partially wrong with my first reply. There is what is considered to be a a black oxide process done on aluminum parts. It is called aluminum blackening. I believe it is considered to be a cold oxide process. It doesn't create the same protection effects that the hot solution black oxide processes do on ferrous metals.

The reason I said what I did is because it doesn't meet MIL-specs or AMS specs for most applications I have dealt with. My experience as a machinist has been with aircraft & helicopter parts, turbine & jet engine parts,satellite, and military defense parts that have more strict requirements than this cold process meets. I also believe this is a fairly new process developed to be more enviromental friendly. So I guess I may owe some an apology.
no apologies needed here since most of us just learned something new, thanks for clarifying...

G

·
No apology necessary. We both make parts for the military, u make the vehicle parts, we make gun parts.

Before they are blackened, all our parts are put through a hardening process which makes them meet military specs with no problem.

I like the desert tan color we do the parts in too, but since I don't live near a desert, I think I'll stick with black...

G

·
Very nice runner! Is that a set screw in the side? Does it stay in place during use without overtightening on the buttons sleeve -my front site loosens during heavy use.
JB ? -will the bushman charging handle allow for a normal sized bolt head to fill that void? How does it unscrew or tighten and where can I get one? Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts