New and Improved Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hitmanharleyk, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Here's the pics.

[​IMG]
    [/img][​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. pills

pills Guest

That is the best lookin MN stock I have seen.

3. Ok where do I start!!!

Is that a 91/30?

Did you do the bolt yourself?

Did you do the scope mount drilling yourself?

Where in the heck did you get that flash hider?

Did the stock and stuff come from Benny at MilSurp?

Is there any chance you would consider painting the scope cammo and the flash hider black?

And most importantly: HAVE YOU SHOT IT YET???

4. Is that a 91/30? Yes it is a 1937 91/30

Did you do the bolt yourself? Yes I did

Did you do the scope mount drilling yourself? Machine shop buddy helped me, I personally wouldn't try it

Where in the heck did you get that flash hider? I told the Machine shop buddy what I wanted and told him to make it look good, he took over from there and charged me $0 !

Did the stock and stuff come from Benny at MilSurp? Benny took care of me on the stock, scope, scope rings and scope mount which included the handle.

Is there any chance you would consider painting the scope cammo and the flash hider black? No to the painting of the scope, but the flash hider will more than likely get powder coated. I had to put it on to see what it looked like !

And most importantly: HAVE YOU SHOT IT YET??? Fired it one time yesterday and it is Loud !!!!

5. What brand/model is the scope? Also, whats the powder settings and objective size. I am looking for a decent scope for one of my rifles and kinda like the looks of that scope.

I am not a big fan of sporterized mil surps, but you did a pretty good job with that rifle.

6. It is the Leapers 3 x 9 x 50mm from Benny's site

http://milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SCP395AOMDLTS

When you are customizing a $69 gun, I see no problem with it because if you want another one to keep original, all it cost is coke and cracker money ! I have a M44 that I got this week and it will stay stock.

7. Thats a pretty slick looking mosin. It gives me some insperation for doing a sporterized build.

8. Maybe try one of those cammo 'socks' for the scope. It just seems to me that the rifle would look great if it was all jungly, woodsy, stealthy, sniperish.

9. You do realize that I don't need it fully camo'd because I actually don't plan on using it as a sniper rifle don't you ?

I have no plans to stalk another person with the purpose of taking them out when I get a open shot.

10. :shock: That is way nice! I bought my second M44 just to put a scope on it. Seeing that I might get a stock from Benny429 too.

11. Harley, that MN is lookin' sweet dude, you did a great job on it.

12. neothespian

neothespian Member

Nice design on the compensator/muzzle break! Looks like a great purpose built machine.

13. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

Okay tell us about how you did the bolt. I really want to do that for my 91/30

14. Wow! That's some cool mod work. Real craftsmanship!

15. The bolt handle it very simple ! All you do is cut off the stock one leaving a 3/16" stub, you then drill and tap a hole with the tools provided in the ATI kit, Slide the new handle over the stub (you may have to use the provided spacer), tighten the screw and you are done.

16. I dunt like it. I am all okay with putting a MN in a stock, but But I don't like the whole doing stuff to the gun it's self. But that is just my opinion.

17. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

i like it. its tastefull, well crafted and unique. No redneck chop job here.

SW