Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of my new AR 15. I bought the lower receiver last November and received the kit just yesterday. I had ordered from Del-Ton but after waiting 14 weeks, I found out M-A Parts had only a 2 - 3 week wait. I ordered a 16" M4 A2 with a chromed barrel and in 2 1/2 weeks I had it. :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

Here are all three of my rifles:
  • Top: AR-15
    Middle: Mosin Nagant M44
    Bottom: Mosin Nagant 91/30

G

·
Sweet! I finished the LPK install in my A1 Clone yesterday. Still need buffer, spring, bolt, carrier and charging handle, and it is done.
Still waiting on my kits from Delton.
What was the price difference?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price difference was about $50. However, after looking closer at the barrel last night, I see that it is a 1x7 chrome lined not a 1x9 chrome lined. I think a 1x7 is an upgrade option on Del-Ton but not sure. That kit was going to be a 1x9 chrome lined.

G

·
The 1x7 rifling means you can MAYBE shoot both 55 and 62 grain rounds....but I think thats more towards the heavier grain bullets.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am hope to go tomorrow (Saturday) to a range with all 3 rifles. I'll post a range report with pics after I go.

Yeah, from what I read, the 1x7 is better for heavier grain bullets. IIRC, they handle the lighter grain better than the 1x9 handles the heavier grain. I should be good no matter what I shoot.

^-^ And with a chrome lined barrel, I only need to clean it as often as I do my Hi-Point C9's. ^-^ Right? :cantlook:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I am hope to go tomorrow (Saturday) to a range with all 3 rifles. I'll post a range report with pics after I go.

Yeah, from what I read, the 1x7 is better for heavier grain bullets. IIRC, they handle the lighter grain better than the 1x9 handles the heavier grain. I should be good no matter what I shoot.

^-^ And with a chrome lined barrel, I only need to clean it as often as I do my Hi-Point C9's. ^-^ Right? :cantlook:
Due to the nature of the AR's gas system the design is 'self-cleaning'. All you need to do is liberally spray it with WD-40 every few magazines -- no further care of any kind is necessary...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
How do you like their kits? I have a couple of lowers laying around, and was thinking about tossing a zombie killer together. It would give my friend something to shoot that I wouldn't be worried about him breaking.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Soooo what does the Kool-aid taste like???
Nice rifle bro. I am so on the edge of getting an AR
Ive had my eye on one of those plain jane CAI 20 inche barreled ones

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am very impressed with the M & A kit. The fit and finish of the upper to my lower is very, very nice.

I now have Hi-Point-itis, Mosin-itis, and Black-Rifle-itis. No cure for any of them, just manage the symptoms!

Now all I need is ...

... MORE COWBELLS! :embarrassed2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.