Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there first off i have read through this forum alot but never had a question that i couldn't find so here i am.

As the title states i just installed an ATI stock on my 995. it had about 500 rounds down range with the original stock without one problem. I installed the new stock and now when i try to cycle rounds it will not eject the round in the chamber. i was going to head to the range but if it won't even eject a round by hand what is the point.

Has anyone had this problem and what did you have to do in order to fix it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, somehow i just got it to eject by hand cycling it. I put one round in the magazine fed the round to the chamber then ejected it. I repeat this and it does not eject it...wth???

Is this a magazine issue?

New info ... with a round in the chamber and the mag taken out it will eject the round no problem.
Anyone had this problem have any ideas?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
How is the fit on your receiver cover? did you force it a bit?? Also are you using live ammo, or using a zoom snap caps. for some reason my 995 does not like snap caps from a zoom, and will not eject them by hand cycling the action. i ended up making one with my reloading press.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Take that retaining clip out of the bottom, down by the serial number. Then try, if the gun works fine with it out, the receiver is too tight and you need to do some more clearencing on your ATI stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take that retaining clip out of the bottom, down by the serial number. Then try, if the gun works fine with it out, the receiver is too tight and you need to do some more clearencing on your ATI stock.
ok this was an amzing tip... complete problem solve. in other words yes you take the clip off the bottom were the serial number is and it cycles fine...so my next question is what do you do to fix this. file down the top rails were the reciever cover is?

yes i got the bolt holes to a point were they would work but it took a smidge of preasure to get them started. also this is live ammo...these are manufatured loads not reloads and i even went as far as using some spent casings to further prove my theory.

thanks for all the replies and thanks for the new advice in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this is getting rediculous. :mad:

I was working on the two main bolt holes on the reciever and got it so there is no force necesary to put them in and start the threading. also the clip the goes were the serial number is under the stock is much easier to get on and off. i think the clearences are much better but a new problem. now it wont eject ammo at all, mag or no mag. :'(

So i am debating tearing it down and taking apart vs going to the range and running ammo through it to confirm that it is not working. if it will not eject by hand cycling im sure it won't eject running live. im kinda at a loss.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The receiver holes on the STOCK need to reemed(hehe, I said reemed) to allow the receiver to not be in a bind. The holes on my ATI stock look like they're slotted, its extreme but it works. Just get you a round file, the coarser the better so it dont take you a year to do it....and start making the holes bigger.

The "no-clip" trick tells me your binding vertically, so try making the holes taller....if that makes sense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it fixed up and put 150 flawless rounds down range this morning.

So first of all it did need to be trimmed up a bit. And yes i had to reem the holes out a bit more. Once this was finnished it would still not eject cases. Then i had an idea...<--scary Everytime i was trying to cycle it the firing pin was back from being cocked. So i cleared the chamber decocked it "pulled the trigger" and pulled the chamber half open as to not cock it. Next i set an empty "used/spent" casing in the chamber let the slide go forword yanked back and zoom goes the casing. I thought it was interesting but hey whatevers clever.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stock might be fitted too tight. I once got the screws to my receiver shroud too tight and started getting all sorts of failure to feed malfunctions (although I didn't have failure to eject like you have).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.