Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thankfully I had printed out previous posts and instructions BEFORE the move to the new board. I sincerely hope that all the "stickies" get transfered over to the new board. They were INVALUABLE during my install!!!!

Ordered from MilSurpStuff.com, great guy (Dave) to work with! Thanks for the terrific service and delivery so I could get going on my project.
Compensator, ATI stock, tac buttstock pad. I'll highly recommend MilSurpStuff.com as source of accessories. I'd be happy to do repeat business with Dave! :)

The ATI stock was a bear to get installed and operating. Had to drill out, sand, recontour a lot of areas to prevent binding of the bolt. I don't know if the stock is that tight on sizing to the receiver assembly/barrel or possibly it distorted during manufacture? Once I drilled out some holes for the receiver and made more clearance for the bold assembly under the rear cover plate, it did fine. Mr Dremel is your friend!!!
But man, it took a few hours of trial and error fitting. I just thought it was strange that the instructions kept stressing not to tighten or over tighten screws. The hex bolt for the front of the receiver gave me fits! Finally, got it working well with things tightened down and not binding.

Best of all, I was able to get to the range and put a coupla boxes of various ammo downrange with the wife. I was IMPRESSED for a first time out. Got the sights dialed in and my wife and I consistently were getting nice groups with the iron sights at 25 yards. For these old eyes :shock: (hers are MUCH younger :lol: ) I was very happy! But I'll probably pop for a small 3X9 scope in the near future, maybe a laser too.

Hope the picture makes it. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bipod?

What seems to be the preferred bipod for use with the ATI stock? (The ATI bipod???) Not sure if I'd mount it on an accessory rail.

TIA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.