Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

new c-9 design

7K views 39 replies 30 participants last post by  mrb23 
#1 ·
How about some new designs for the c-9 to share with hi point?
I used some elements from other guns to make my future c-9 look a little better.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
As long as the price stayed the same, I'd buy a few of those for sure.

#8 ·
Your Photoshop-fu is strong.
Good job!
I'd buy a few of those babies.

#11 ·
I'm not sure I'm down with your intial design, but -- DANG -- what a great idea. Redesign of the pistols is not a priority in my book, but it's something that HP should be looking at, even with a multi-year horizon.

Oh, and as for designs, not sure I'm up to it, but I'll keep it in mind. But I wanne see others!

#13 ·
I actually had a dream last night that HP announced a redesigned C9. I thought, "Finally, they can look decent and we can stop some of the crazy bashing."

The revealed design was hideous. Weird wavy ridges across the top, really wide, etc.

Pretty bad when HP redesigns enter your dreams.

#14 ·
nice photo-work, but i dunno man, it's kinda, well... pretty. Isn't it?

#15 ·
personally, what I'd like to see is a "full size" C9, maybe something along the lines of a 5 inch barrel.

the design would be similar to the comp model, but without the need for an "add-on"
doing it like this would add a little weight to the slide, which should allow a little weight to be shaved from the sides, making a slimmer profile,
( without a major redesign of the firing mechanics) which in turn would make for a better carry gun.

another change I've made is to round off the bottom end of the rear of the slide, making it more comfortable while carrying IWB.

economically, the only changes made are in the slide and the barell, so economically, the idea would be feasible, with nothing more than a negligible price increase.

since nothing else has changed mechanically, it could even be retro-fitted onto current production C9s.

I've actually contemplated this quite a bit, and I believe that it would work.

#17 ·
I used some elements from other guns to make my future c-9 look a little better.
I love it, I would still like to see a more conventional trigger or atleast a metal trigger.

#18 ·
That would be a nice design. to make a rail for a lazor or light. they dont even need to do much of anything, but notch back the slide a little. there are already a couple grooves in the frame that are barely covered up by the Slide. They can be see when you cock the slide back.

#19 ·

Here is my offering, the C9TAC for Tactical.

#24 ·
True, you wouldn't want anything much heavier. But the overall slide weight could be trimmed to be the exact same with an increase in length. The only real added weight would be the extra half inch or inch of the barrel and a little bit of impact plastic. It should be an overall negligible difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.