Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here. Nice forum!

I'd show a pic, but haven't taken one since it was stock. Since then I've added the Hogue Handall and plastic screw cover on the safety like I've seen others recommend here. Both were great advice, especially the Hogue.

I have the standard 8 shot magazine and the 10 shot also. I've kept them loaded to break them in over the last 4 weeks or so.

Finally took it out yesterday. I used a friend's ammo. In retrospect, I REALLY wish I wrote down exactly what he had. (thought I would remember) We shot 2 different boxes. They were both Speer GDHP Gold Dot Hollowpoints. But I know one box was a little different from the other.

Anyway, one box we shot thru without a glitch. The other box I had 3 jams with. Each jam was with the 8 shot magazine, and each jam was near the end of the clip (actually, was shots 6, 7, then 8 )

What do you think? Ammo problem, clip problem, or gun problem? Maybe none of the above? Overall, I'm not upset. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut until I go try a few more types of ammo. Just wondering, and it's gonna bother me since I won't get another chance to shoot for a few weeks at least.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I had a similar problem today, only on the eight shot mag. I went through about 60 rounds and no jams towards the end. Might be a break-in situation

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
If I read right and you were firing hollows, then I wouldn't sweat it too much. I know alot of c9's are extremely picky with holllows/defense ammo, mine only eats Hornandy TAPs. Burn through some FMJ round nose and see how it performs. Once you run through a bit of those, your gun may be more willing to eat hollows! Hope this helps a little!!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I would break it in on a diet of fmj first before trying any defensive ammo. You can speed the process by polishing the feed ramp, and removing the powder coat on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update here... (I always think updates are worthwhile and informative...wish everyone left them)

Finally got back to the range again. I put about 130 or so FMJ rounds through, and not 1 jam. Used both American Eagle and Remington, 115g

Needless to say, I was quite happy. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.