Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Mis Fire ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my short experience with HP. After four hundred rounds and all the regular advice, I sent it back to HP and we shall see how she works.... I am supposed to get it Back Tomorrow......

I can say I was fairly well impressed with the accuracy though (when she wasn't jammed up).

I am a little dissappointed but am willing to give it another sjhot
at regularity if you will.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I had trouble with mine as well. Sent it back home. It came back and they say it should be OK now. Have not had a chance to shoot it. Been to cold and snow. Let me know how yours goes. I hope to get out next weekend but depends on the weather.

G

·
I don't know if this will help,

When i was waiting for my carrying permit to arrive i would keep my clip loaded full, next to my bed. I noticed at first loads were a little hard to get in when loading to full capicity, after leaving the rounds in the clip off and on during those 10 weeks it became easier to reload.

My point,
I heard of folks talking about leaving thier clip fully loaded, when not in use, to "break in" the spring thus solving any FTF FTE issues,
I belive this to be true, after 1500 rounds, using all varieties of ammo I have yet to experience a single FTF or FTE issue with my c-9

Thats right out of the box.

Try it yourself, see if it will work for your issues..

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
According to Jim at HP my gun had a defect. And a burr on the feed ramp. He polished it off and shot a few rounds through it. I have 4 Magazines and they are all full. Just hoping for good weather so I can report NO PROBLEMS like everyone else. I get frustrated when I see people on YouTube shooting many Magazines in their HP's with no problems. I want mine to work like those other guys guns. Like everyone else, I tried the adjustments to the Magazines, and the feed ramp thing etc. Didn't take it apart though otherwise would have seen the other problems. GREAT Warranty. Glad it was there.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
WOW posted twice to the same thing only one person away. MMmmmm. Guess I'll go to bed now.

Sorry,

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I got my C9 back and a little explanation as to what was done (grease ejector port and polished ramp).

I seems to be doing better(ammo likes and dislikes)but the customer service and free mag for your trouble, sure are nice!

I just want to be sure in the middle of the night I can depend on it, if not I'll have to grab the Mossburg in the closet(she always goes BANG!).

G

·
I was just doing a little reading on here and thought i would throw in my two cents about the jamming. I have the 9mm C-9 and my dad has the .40 We both went shooting shortly after getting ours and about every other round would jam. Naturally dad got pissed off and we went back to the gun shop where we bought them and threw quite a fit wanting a refund. The dealer told him to buy a different brand of ammo and if it kept doing it to come back and he would refund our money or trade guns. We bought different ammo and shot approx 300 round through each gun without a problem and havent had a prob since. Now we just stay away from the Winchester ammo in the white box when shooting them and dont have any trouble what so ever. I also had the 9mm carbine and had the same issue witht he Winchester but they all shoot great with the CCI Blazers. Josh

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I got my gun back for mom and adjusted the lips on all the magazines. HP ground the feed ramp but was not real smooth so I took a wire wheel on my dremel and went after it. Nice now.

OK, so went to the range. I had close to 100 rounds of Winchester 115Gr so I had to use it. I loaded everything up and started shooting. Wonderful. The changes to the gun were good. I couldn't get through one magazine without two or three jams in the past but now with 100 round of nono ammo and only 4 jams.

How did it shoot?

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,15725.0.html

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The jams were with many different types of ammo, Winchester FMJ, Remington FMJ,Federal FMJ,CCI Blazer, need I say more?

it is better now after the fix but still not what I would put my life on......
Seems as if after a couple hundred rounds, it gets dirty and starts to missfeed and fails to properly eject and feed. Oh well, what do ya expect for that kind of money, I guess......
I am getting tired of trying different things with a brand new gun!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The jams were with many different types of ammo, Winchester FMJ, Remington FMJ,Federal FMJ,CCI Blazer, need I say more?

Seems as if after a couple hundred rounds, it gets dirty and starts to missfeed and fails to properly eject and feed. Oh well, what do ya expect for that kind of money, I guess......
The way it sounds, I'd consider sending it back for some warranty work.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts

He just got it back from sending it in :cantlook:

·
Registered
44 Posts

He just got it back from sending it in :cantlook:
Oops. My bad. I remember now that I went back and read the thread again. I'd be frustrated too if I were you.

·
Banned
401 Posts
I would liked to see one more choice added to this poll......

NONE...

My Dad has had his C9 for over a year now and I have had mine for about a month or more and he has had no problems as I have not, I now have about 1000 rounds down range and he is about 500, no misfires, no FTE, no nothing, it goes bang ever time we pull the trigger!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys, new here.

I just fired my 9mm this weekend for the first time and overall am happy. It was cold and the kids next door were naping so I only fired 15 rounds, I had 1 jamb, I pulled the slide back a hair and it loaded that round. I dont know what ammo I have.........its all the way across the room from me now. After the first couple rounds Im happy with the accuracy. I put all 15 rounds into a 12 inch circle at 20 yards and 10 of those are in a 5 inch circle. Been looking for ammo around here and the cheep stuff at the gun shop is $16/50 Wal-mart is always out. I dont know why I didnt buy what they had 2 weeks ago. I asked another dealer why 9mm was so hard to find.......he said everyone in the states shoots a 9mm. Its the other countries that use the bigger stuff ???

What caused the Jamb ? And if I do some work to it myself will HP still warrentee it ? Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts