Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new C9 to the range today and enjoyed it very much. Ran 4 different kinds of ammo through it (even Wolf) and the only issue was with the Remington 115 gr I bought earlier today. Fail to Feed - nose dives. I noticed the Remingtons were about a 1/32" shorter than the rest?? No biggy - anyway....

When I took it down to clean it I saw some very noticeable divots on the feed ramp. Maybe wash-boarding might be a better description. I got most of it with a buff with a dremel and jewelers rouge. But this doesn't look good, does it? All rounds were FMJ copper/over lead and the Blazer is aluminum casing, the Federal and Remington is brass, but the Wolf is lacquered steel casings. Do I have a defective barrel or is this normal and will it smooth out after break-in? What caused this? The casings? The bullet? Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Is it possible these marks were on the feed ramp before you last shot it? FMJ should not be gouging a ramp that is made out of steel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Actually I polished the ramp a little before I even fired it. Just enough buffing to get most of the black stuff off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts