Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to say thanks to everybody on here for their wealth of knowlege. I am a recent college graduate and I have been in the market for a pistol for 2 months now. Somewhere in that 2 months I stumbled upon the little gem: the Hi-Point C9, and this forum. I've searched far and wide to do some research for this pistol and this forum has been one of the best resources. **Applause**

With that being said, I look forward to shooting my pistol later this month (can't freakin wait!!). I just ordered the pistol and it should be shipping in sometime soonish once the paperwork and all is taken care of after this holidy weekend.

Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks, and I look forward to shooting my first pistol 8)

stay tuned for gun pr0n once MY C9 Comp comes in....

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, keeps us updated! ;)

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Congrats, everybody has a c9 on here, but to us few elite who own a c9 Comp, CHEERS!!

SV

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome to HPLand!!! You will not be disappointed with your handgun

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the pictures as promised:

New pistol case, Hi-Point c9 Comp, Hogue grip, and laser sight!

Safety first!

Not bad for a cheap $10 case from www.cheaperthandirt.com
(You can see the Fobus holster on the left side)

Ahh yes, the boom-stick!

Hi-Point C9!

I had to show the toes for the old timers on the forum :p

This was my last target at the range, dont mind those two holes on the bottom left, just focus on the center orange blob 8)

Yea, thats the ticket!

I dont care what anybody says, I love the looks of the C9 Comp!
(picture is taken with the Hogue grip on)

That target is done!

Fobus holster fits like a dream!

This pistol is in there! You don't have to worry about your pistol falling out, thats for darn sure!

First box of ammo

Second box of ammo

Here is the clip that it came with. I have two 10 round clips on order, huaazh!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
That sure is a Perty setup ya got there virtualheretic!!
I'm gonna try out some of those 147 gr JHP's myself on the next range trip.
How was the recoil on your C-9 Comp? Did you notice it being fairly light, easier to control?

G

·
looks great dude! makes me want one even more. might pick one up this weekend if i can find it locally, worst case i wait for the gun show the following weekend. then i'll have the matching set of 9mm. i'm gonna pass on the 40, nointerest in that cal. may end up with the 45 set if the 4595 makes it to market. have a soft spot for 45 due to nostalgia.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my first pistol and it has been several years since I have shot a 9mm pistol.
The pistols I have shot most recently have been a colt .45 and a PPK.
Compared to the .45 this was nothing! That colt .45 was an evil little derringer with a tiny grip. The PPK was smooth as hell and a very nice gun.
For the money though my C9 Comp takes the cake 8)

Wish I could compare it to a regular C9 for you guys but I cant =\

Good luck on trying to find one, I had to shop around for 1.5 months to find mine and even then I got lucky! Your best bet is to scour online gun auctions like: www.auctionarms.com and www.gunbroker.com or anything else you can find. Every website I found that "sold" the comp had a long backorder. I even scoured a local gun show here in St Louis, and nobody had one or has had one it quite some time.

As for shooting it so far I am a little flustered as I had 4 bullets jam out of the 70ish rounds I pumped through it. 3 out of the 4 times it jammed it was on the last round. Im no expert ut it sounds like I have a shitty 8 round clip. If anybody else has an explanation that would be greatly appreciated. Untill then I am going to wait until I get my 2 new 10 round clips in the mail 8)

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
It is my understanding that Hi-Point is not making the C9 Comp at this time.
Perhaps they will again in the future but they will be in limited numbers I'm sure.
I tried for about 2 months to find one locally but they all said the same thing: "We hardly ever get those & I haven't seen one in a long time."

As for your jamming problem, I am clueless. I can only say to keep shooting or polish the feed ramp.
I haven't needed to do that myself but I'm still breaking it in right now.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Jamming.... break in period for pistol and mags, be patient for a bit before getting too worried.

Nice pics!

·
Registered
870 Posts

Try
1 - store mags fully loaded
2 - shoot with mags loaded minus 2 rounds
3 - worry about jams after break-in which can be 300 - 800 rounds (YMMV)

Comp or not, the C9 is awesome! 8)

G

·
Hello, new here.
Just purchased a Polymer .380 and 9mm.

I have just emailed Mike Stressell about the weights of these guns.
But, thought I would write about it here.

Both guns are Polymer frames, but they still weigh out at a little over 31 ounces. Before purchasing, my research indicated a weight of 25-29 ounces. Was I incorrect with this figure?

Is there any lightening to be done to these?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Nice little set up there!! I am the only one on the forum I think that doesn't own a C9 yet!! I am moving tomorrow and will only be a couple of miles from the Hi-point dealer that sole me my JCP-40!!! I would of bought the C-9 when I picked up the 40 but the dealer was sold out,...go figure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am going out to the wood this weekend and I am going to do some serious shooting (250 rounds) with my C9. I have stored my two 10 round mags loaded to help ease the break in period. I can hardly wait to go out and shoot and its only Monday (night)! Hopefully the new mags will prevent a round getting jammed. *prays to the pistol gods*

·
Registered
423 Posts
Try
1 - store mags fully loaded
2 - shoot with mags loaded minus 2 rounds
3 - worry about jams after break-in which can be 300 - 800 rounds (YMMV)

Comp or not, the C9 is awesome! 8)
THis confuses me. I just bot a C9 and had no trouble shooting 200rds with the 8rd mag. Bought a 10rd mag today and loaded it to the top to aide in the break in. But, why did i buy a 10 rd mag if i am only going to load 8 rds to shoot? Is this another part of the break in. am i going to be able to fill 'er up to 10 or should i always shoot 8? The C9 was made in '97 so i have a pretty good feeling that the gun itself is broken in.

G

·
the magazine has it's own break in issues

but the popular opinion is " store it fully loaded for a couple weeks to relax the spring a bit"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts