new C9--first impressions

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by IDMTfirefighter, Jan 31, 2016.

1. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

now I have not shot the pistol yet...just picked it up today. right out of the box...it feels heavy and solid. some minor issues with the plastic joint at the end of the barrel. I will need to do a little filing/sanding to smooth out some excess plastic. magazine was difficult to load eight rounds in...really had to work at it but I think it will loosen up after a bit. the quality seems quite tight overall actually. serrations on the slide are deeper and better than I imagined from the pictures. racking the slide is pretty easy. safety is a bit stiff but I think that will work out with some use. My son, who recently purchased his first pistol (S/W 9mm M/P) thought it was "cool".

All told I am VERY happy with the price and initial quality. Next comes the range report which will hopefully be early this week. :)

2. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

I bought my C9 about 7 months ago, and I love it. I had the same issues you did- I went over the entire gun and used an x-acto blade and a bit of sandpaper to smooth out the mold marks and the little leftover tags from the seams.

My mag was hard to load past the 6th round, but I got filled and let it sit for a couple weeks before hitting the range.

I think you'll enjoy your new gun, and I look forward to your range report.