Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a C9 tomorrow at the local pawn. It is basically brand new and i am only paying $100 for it. (Hoping to maybe talk him down a little more with the green stuff) Anyways i want to hear from all the pros out there about this gun and what i should do with it.

Mods?
Things to watch for?
Good Ammo?
Anything you can tell me would be appreciated. :cry2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
for that price, see if he has a few extras :)

blazer ammo is about all I use.

If you go right away to the range, don't load the mags completely full. Leave one round out or you will get some jams. I sprayed mine down gun oil pretty good as well.

Some will tell you to leave the mags fully loaded for a few weeks.

I've done no mods to any of my handguns. Many polish the feed ramp. I didn't and never had any issues.

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have had good luck with the Blazer brass and S&B
Do keep the mags fully loaded for 2 to 3 weeks to help relax the spring
When at the range load one less round until the mags are "broke in"
Over all there is a break in period for the gun of 200 to 500 rounds

Jet

and WELCOME to the forum :D

But remember.............

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure................. :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Being that it is from the Pawn shop i am hoping it has been broken in but i will take it easy at first and make sure things are going good before i really let it fly down range.

G

·
get a decent holster. lern todraw from it and fire at a target. also mine likes brazzer brass also. by they way i have over 400 rounds threw mine and just got it a couple of weeks ago. love it got it at a pawn shop unfired for 99 bucks

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Please see broomhead for the Hi-Point 5 step program. :welcome:

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
I own 2 c9 and love them. I use UMC ammo and never had a problem. Just shoot and smile for a break in period, when your face cramps from the smile relax then shoot some more.

·
Registered
224 Posts
+1 on the UMC
Get the Hogue Handall "slip on" grip
Get a good holster, Im partial to the Fobus HP2

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like some good advice. I bought 250 rounds of UMC at Wally world last night...It was the only ammo left in town! I am headed to the range this afternoon and i will have to report back on the details.

Is there any way to get another clip from HP without having to order and wait? I live in an area were the mail says 5 business days and it really takes about 3 weeks! Let me know!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts