Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much research (forum reading), I drove around to all the local gun shops near me and at the last one I finally found a new C9. Cheap, a bit ugly, but it fit my hand well so I bought it.

I took it on down to the range this morning to see what I had gotten myself into and suffice to say, I was quite surprised. I'm not a very good shot at all but at fifteen yards this thing was sending crap ammo into the sihlouette's center 7 of 8 shots, the other shot hit an arm usually.

To say I was shocked is an understatement. I didn't expect much from it but the damn thing delivered. The only thing that perplexed me is that chambering the first round I always had to give the slide a little smack. Is this normal?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Until your mag spring is broken in, try keeping it loaded only to 7 rounds. Also, after you load the mag, give the back of it a slap against your palm. This should keep things feeding reliably and possibly fix your little problem.

I have to second your opinion of the C9. I love mine. I've got 250 rounds through it and it's performing great!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

-->Go Here and read. My compilation of common malfunctions, their causes, and fixes. Go. Read. Be Knowledgeable.<--

Make sure you are not riding the slide when you release it to chamber the first round, completely let go of the slide when you have pulled it to it rear most position. Also, another way to do it is to lock the slide open with the safety, insert your loaded mag, then release the safety thus allowing the slide to slingshot forward of it's own volition. Either of these methods will prevent the hang-up you are describing. After that, have fun breaking it in. And remember, Be Patient. :)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots to see and learn from the nice folks here. Glad you had a good 1st time experience. Hi-Points are very worth the money.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have noticed that problem too. I think I need more break in time with mine but as far as I can tell, if I give the mag a little light smack on the bottom when I'm putting it back in, I have no problem chambering the round. (I always rack my mags, no matter what gun.) I've only had one actual FTF and that was in my opinion my fault. It was, I believe, a jam due to limp-wristing a shot. Hasn't happened since or before with my C9. I am more than pleased with the accuracy and price of mine. I plan on getting another and a 995. Hopefully very soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts