New c9 owner here

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by RedRaptor22, Nov 7, 2014.

1. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Hello all, new owner of a new c9. It wasn't my first choice but after tons of research I ended up going in for one being a huge fan of things that deliver lots of bang for the buck lol.

Promptly stripped it down and made it less bricky looking by painting it a few different colors of brick colored rustoleum lol.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome from MO!

3. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

congrats, mine has been reliable and seriously fun

4. HiPointDan

HiPointDan Member

You made a great choice. HP's surely aren't winning any beauty contests, but they sure are reliable. Both my C9's have yet to fail. They go bang every time I pull the trigger.

5. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  6. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Always been a fan of the russian style aproach to making things, make it simple, strong and reliable, seems from everything I've read hi point delivers most of that. You can start nails with the slide then drive em with the bullets haha.

7. I like how your pistol looks; it came out nice!

8. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Thanks, wishing they had a can of green, but the brown came out ok, the textured paint added tons of grip too, so not as worried about slide bite as I was.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That really does look good!:)

Don't worry about slide bite, just pretend you aren't some Spec Ops guy or that you aren't running a race gun, put your hands where they belong, and you'll be fine.;)

10. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Yeah I just have weird hands or something with extra webbing between my thumb and forefinger, my hand was tending to kinda ride up the grip, lgs didn't have any hogue grip covers in stock, but the paint seems to have fixed it, makes working the safety and mag release a bit easier too. Still have to mod the safety a bit, thinking about carving out a bit of alumium and tapping a few holes into the safety to bolt it to.

11. C9 and now a CF380

Glad you are a new C9 owner and I too have become the daddy of a new CF380. I have a C9 Love it, A JHP45 it's the greatest, A 995TS Always at hand and more fun than a "Glock fest". Because of the price and the fun I have with my other Hi Points this was just another way to get to the range. I do own some other pistols and revolvers from Beretta and Tanfoglio to Smith and Wesson, with Ruger's in the safe also. I often carry Taurus 85 ultralite and a TCP 738. Cowboy Single action colts for the Arizona Cowboy in me are great.
    But I keep coming back to the HI Points because they are rugged and inexpensive. Mags are cheap so you can load up a few when you might be in the desert and not worry if something drops. They are fully under the Hi Point warranty . So welcome to the World of Fun and Hi Point. Like the commercial says. " Betcha you can't own just one":D

12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I can't take that bet!

Attached Files:

• 9's.jpg
      9's.jpg
      File size:
      52.4 KB
      Views:
  13. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Yeah I haven't even managed a range trip with this one yet and already considering picking up more, the pawn shop I bought this one from had a few of the compensated models for way too much. Might have to go see if I can talk them down to around the $100 range and pick one or both of them up.

Never been huge on hand guns aside from my .22lrs, high standard hd military and beretta u22 6", have a few older revolvers s&w .38 and dan wesson .357 magnum, but I hate shooting them.

14. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Would really love to see what hi point could come up with in a .22lr for plinking or .22mag for carry.

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Hey! I wanted to do a Flintstone HP.

16. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

I know right?!

I drew my inspiration from the horrible review over on thetruthaboutguns.com where the guy took pics holding a brick for ergo comparisons. But I wasn't crazy about red bricks, however the tan and brown house bricks are kinda hot!

17. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Pm the contact info on this Pawnshop?

18. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Telling Melvin about a rare or cool Hi-Point is like waving a bottle of Jim Beam in front of Ted Kennedy.

19. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Finally got to shoot it today at my private range, all in all not terrible, no malfunctions to speak of except for one ftf, round made it half way into the barrel and stuck...weird, but I pulled it out and popped it back in the magazine and it racked fine.

And my sights were self adjusting, every few rounds I could look and tell they were visibly different than where I had adjusted them to.

Was shooting blazer brass 115gr, each target was one magazine worth at 15-20 yards just sitting with no rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Oh these are just little 8 inch rifle targets that I had been using for airsoft. On one hand I guess it's not bad for 15 yards with a floppy sight, on the other I drill em in the green ring all day with my .22 so that kind of pissed me off.

But as something I bought to flop around with screwdrivers and pliers and junk in the truck I guess it'll work well enough considering that if I do end up using it I'll be firing half the range to point blank.