Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a Hi-Point C9 pistol! So I guess I'm a real member of the forum now.

Who do I contact for additional magazines and who makes a slip-on grip for it?

I picked up a box of S&B 115gr fmj ammo. I never heard of this brand before, so I'm assuming it's imported.

·
Registered
870 Posts
+1 to Waltham41

Hogue makes a good slip-on grip.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!! My names Leland and ill be your therapist!!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a HiPoint addict. Welcome to our support program.
There are five steps in this program.
Step 1: Buy a ton of ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more HiPoints.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 repeatedly.
Step 4: Snicker at all Gun Snobs for paying way too much, when their backs are turned.
Step 5: Happily spread the addiction to as many people as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery. There is no recovery.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hogue standard size.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got to buy more ammo so I can break it in. I like the way it sits in my hand, and I'm going to invest in the Hogue grip.

I assume the 10 shot mag also fits this gun. Of course my old S&W 39 only held 8 rounds, so I'm not too concerned.

Broomhead, I am thinking about a 995 carbine to go with the C9. I've got the sickness too :drool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 10 shot'll fit. But will stick out below. Looks a little retarded. But if you're in a firefight, that extra two rounds might make the difference.

I, personally just stick with the 8 round mag for the C9.

As far as breaking it in...don't be discuraged if you have regular jams the first couple or three boxes.

I did. But I got through that ok and now it's a dream.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Congrats

Congratulation on the new C9. Mine is 2 weeks OK. Took it again to the range today. Using Federal American Eagle 115 gr FMJ. The Sportmans Club has 5 boxes for $59 and change. I have 100 rounds through the C9 with two separate Hi Point factory mags and zero issues or problems. Firing at 20 yards with one sight adjustment to the left and most rounds hitting paper. Don't know whether that is good or not. Perhaps, the experienced folk can say. Very pleased with my $139 C9. Shoot well. Be safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i love my c9. the 8rd mag. seems to fit better than my 10rd. mags. but with an extra slap my 10 round mags are fine. I hit better w/ my c9 than my s&w or ruger.(i want waste that much money again.) just hoping buying the .45 won't be a mistake.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Congrats on the new Hi-Point. Like others have said don't worry if there are a few jams. I've only had 3 failure to feeds through the first 100 rounds. Still trying to break it in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input. I appreciate the comments. This quickly becoming my favorite forum. Now I have to buy a 995 carbine, a 4095, a C380...

I think I read a post where someone recommended keeping the clip loaded at first to relax the spring a bit. Has anyone actually done this, or is this just gun-lore?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just took my new C9 out and had 6 FTF in 200 rounds, looking at the jams it seemed like the magazine was just poping the round up too much and it was trying to enter the breach at a 45 degree angle. Happened on the last round of the magazine 5/6 times.

Any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I posted before, I think I read a post about leaving the clip loaded for a while. This may make the spring take a set.

Usually I keep my house gun loaded with one round less than full to prevent the spring from taking too much of a set.

What do the experts recommend?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
all springs take a certain amount of set and this is normal! what wears out springs is compressing and decompressing them repeatedly! IE using the mag the way it was intended. The cycle is what wears them out!! see this link for an exsperament http://mcb-homis.com/magspring/

The whole spring myth was made up who knows when and has been rejuvenated on the web!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks autosurgeon. That was an interesting link!

I am a senior laboratory technician by trade and frequently break things for a living, so the experiment made sense. I've done something similar on electromechanical switch springs.

The set of the spring is related to the amount of compression and the delta T (time).

As for the recoil spring of my C9, I think it will take at least a million cycles to weaken it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.