Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought my first handgun yesterday. I got the hi point C9 after doing a lot of reviewing online and through some of my friends. I can't wait to fire it and let everyone here know what I feel about it. Now, the hard part will be finding ammo to feed it! After reading posts here I am going to feed it blazer brass, if I can find some. I just want to say thanks to everyone here for all the help you guys have been with helping me choose my first gun. I can't wait to show it off to some of my gun snob friends, I can see their faces now :blink: :'(

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your first handgun. Sounds like you're reading a lot here - read about break in, and mags, and NOT taking it apart for a long time (some do, most do not - as is recommended). If this is your first gun too, get ye down to NRA or other coursed and learn safety BEFORE shooting it. Or have one of your snobby friends teach you first (JK on the snobby friends part).

G

·
Congrats on your purchase - the C9 is a great gun. I have had good luck feeding mine WWB ammo. I think i had one dud (did not fire) out of the first 500 rounds of it that I purchased. I think right now you will be happy with what ever ammo you can find in 9mm. I reload mine so the shortage has not affected me much. I also live a few miles from the Nosler factory so I can get seconds to reload for practice ammo ($12.95 for 100 JHP) So its costing me about $14 for 100 rounds. That what price I used to pay for WWB. Stand up to the guns snobs and then let them shoot it - I have made true beleivers out of HP haters just by pulling it out at the range and forcing them to try a few rounds through it.

And by the way :welcome: there are really good folks in this forum that can help you with most common HP issues that may arise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i picked up some ammo yesterday. i got a walmart in the area that is stocked all the time with ammo, atleast that is what the guy told me. thats good to know! anyway, i bought 200 rounds of wwb, i was going to buy 100 wwb and 100 bb, but they were all out of bb. so hopefully soon i'll get out to the range and try out my new handgun! I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm having GREAT success with Academy's Serbian manufactured in-house brand Monarch. I went thru maybe 150-250 rounds each of the .380 and 9mm this last weekend with almost zero problems. And, it's cheap!!

Craig

·
Registered
850 Posts
I love my C9. I've had no ammo problems and it's gone through wwb, blazer brass, wolf steel case, pmc bronze, everything and it loves it all. Hope you love yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
WWB, Is that the bulk winchester white box ammo from walmart? I just bought 300 rounds figuring I hit the payload but have heard not to use it after I got it home. I am jumping in here, but I got my used for 125 w/holster and it only had 100 rounds thru it. Is it best to use fmj for a while and then hollow points later or will it barf on hollow points. I guess I need to read further. :embarrassed2:

G

·
Well, don't panic yet.Some will run them.I have one that will and one that doesn't.Just try it but,If you get weird jams,try a different brand and see if it stops.You can always trade with someone.
Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.