new california hi point owner

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by nadodave, Nov 25, 2012.

1. nadodave

nadodave the Great Member

and by owner i mean, I ordered it at my usual shooting range, it should arrive in a week, and then I have to wait 10 days and THEN I get to have it. (Thank you California)

It will be my first 9mm, and my first Hi point. I also have a winchester 12 ga. 1300 defender, beretta u22 neos, 38 spl. revolver (police issue from 1951) and a buffalo bill commemorative 30-30 lever action. Also just bought my wife a ruger 10/22.

Looks like the members here have a lot to offer, and I am looking forward to learn.

2. nitrous_bob

nitrous_bob lazy city worker Member

hey welcome from sunny detroit !!

where at in so cal ? i lived in fresno for 5 years, my sister was in glendale, and my buddy is in SLO, other buddy in frisco

did you get a pistol (c9)?or the carbine (995)? either one is great, and those are my favorites from hipoint too

3. nadodave

Thanks!
    I am in San Diego, born and raised.

I bought a c9, and a ruger 10/22 for my wife also. Can't wait to pick 'em up!

4. torquay312

torquay312 Member

Man, I really feel for you. It took me all of 30 minutes to buy any of my guns here in Kansas. I have worked in Frisco and surfed in several places in Cali, but like my Kansas just fine :D

5. Good luck San Diego

When you get the c9 give it a nice cleaning then take it to your range and shoot the hell out of it. You'll have fun until the boolits run out. Then save up and buy more boolits for the next time/. Enjoy from sunny Southern Arizona.
    By the way It only take about 10 min. to purchase a C9 here. Longer to pick out accessories. Enjoy.
    :D

6. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

I spent almost my entire childhood in California back when things were relatively sane. I moved to Missouri in August 1991.

Since I didn't leave anything behind but memories, I have no reason to return to collect anything.

P.S. My sister lives in Oceanside, my brother in Sacramento, and my youngest daughter is stationed in San Diego with the US Navy.

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Hah.... Small world! My boy is doing boot with the Marines in SD now.

8. nadodave

Born, raised and still living in San Diego! Just a regular ol civilian, though..

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

9. GoesBang

I did my boot at MCRD and Camp Pendleton also.

10. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Hello nadodave, you have been a member since November of 2012 and you are just now getting your first hp? wow. What took you so long? Welcome doesn't seem necessary, but welcome again.

11. nadodave

Haha, this thread actually was resurrected from 2012, when I bought my c9. Gotta look at those post dates! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

12. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

That's where my oldest son went. He spent much of his 4 years at Pendleton.

13. GoesBang

Semper Fi to all my Marine Corps friends

14. Jozimoto

Jozimoto Member

Welcome....You have a Neos...I have a Neos 6" barrel. I like mine alot!