New Carbine Here

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Blondie70, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Blondie70

Blondie70 NRA Life Member Member

Got my 995TS in and fully assembled (used loc tite blue on the screws I had to mess with) I like the feel and looks of it.:)
    Is there a storage compartment on these? Seems like the cheek pad should have a space under it ? If so, does it just pop up ?
    I got one multi tool, but have heard that 2 came with them ?
    Thanks, Pete

2. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Congrats! I have always liked the carbines, I found mine to be more reliable than the pistols. Not sure if your came with the vertical for-grip that Hi Point sells, but there is storage inside that grip for the tool.

3. rickm

rickm Member

The folding fore grip is the only place i know off for storage and all i ever got with any of my HP's was 1 tool.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You only need one. Don't be so damn greedy. If you had gotten off your wallet and purchased the additional comfortless forward grip you would have gotten a second one in the secret compartment.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

6. Blondie70

Ha ha ha....well....guess I am greedy. No foregrip from Hi Point but ordered one from Brownell's later. It does have storage and was on sale for $4, so I got one coming. Ordered a reddot also. Ultra Shot QD Sight w/Digital Switch , the 14000 model, I think (updated). It has the dot...dot in circle...and crosshairs also. Used a common 2032 battery. Just hope it goes on in front of the rear sight, cuz I ain't taking the opens off. Firm believer in backup sights, even tho I have a problem seeing them these days.
    Thanks for all the info. Will give a report on how this stuff works.
    Pete

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

"Drink more Ovaltine"

8. MachoMelvin

Long shot makes an extended top rail, that would allow for both the new sight & the original.

9. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

I bought a Monstrum quick release rail to use with my open reflex. Red dot would not fit onto the front end of rail due release lever and rear sight would have to be removed to slide on he back end.

10. Blondie70

I will check out that Monstrum rail. I will eat more oatmean...ain't got any Ovaltine....didn't think they still made that stuff.....didn't Sky King have 'em as an advertiser? Long time ago.

11. Blondie70

I checked out the Monstrum. Looks good. Will wait to see if my particular red dot will mount...if not, then the Monstrum may cure the problem. I guess it fits well in front of the rear sight on the carbine ???
    Pete

12. radir68

radir68 Member

I have that sight on my carbine. I removed the rear sight, but it fit fine on the rail. I am really happy with it.

13. Blondie70

That is good to hear. You say you could have mounted the red dot and left the rear sights on the carbine if you wanted to ?
    Thanks, Pete

14. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

I have the open sites on mine and I mounted my red/green dot on a 45º and love the hell out of them. I do the same on my AR-15s. :D

15. Blondie70

I have never used a 45* mount. My new red dot with the Monstrum rail will be too high to co witness....but my Bushnell red dot fits rite in there and I can co witness with it fine. I am good to go now. Just got to find a rifle to put the new site on...it is really nice.

16. MachoMelvin

That my friend, is when you know you have got it BAD!!!

17. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Fun fun fun !!!!

18. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    They still make it...

https://www.ovaltineusa.com/

19. Blondie70

Wow...they still make it !!! Great...thanks.