New carbine owner. Looking for mods.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by marc5335, Apr 19, 2014.

1. marc5335

marc5335 Member

I recently picked up a 995 with the old stock. Wat r some good mods i can do to it. & best wat to paint it? Thanks

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You've been here since January and haven't read any "mod" or "how to" threads?

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

start with any of the multitude of custom paint threads, ''this is my hi point where's yours?''....etc, etc, etc....they are always at the top of the thread lists, how youve missed them seems impossible.

4. RobbK

RobbK Member

no idea what language that is but it is not english

5. Etechonline2002

Etechonline2002 Member

Start with upgrades. Gadgets.

6. marc5335

marc5335 Member

I just got my 995 yesterday. Iv had the c9 | the 40. But thanks. Ill look around

7. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

I always say keep it simple, it's a weapon not a Barbie doll.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

9. If you are looking to change stock color, avoid the spray paint and pick up some Duracoat. Their kits will come with everything you need, and take your time to prep.

Upgrades? That depends on your budget. I would recommend buying an oversized charging handle, beefer sling, and barrel shroud.

Kiss is always best.

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

why avoid spray paint? Krylon is $4 a can, comes in a ton of colors, and if prepped properly and allowed to dry properly, will last dang near forever.

11. I have no experience using Krylon, and have seen plenty bad spray can jobs. I have completed a few Duracoat projects, and I haven't had any bad outcomes. I'm bias, and I prefer to pay and cry once.;)

12. Kuhockey27

Kuhockey27 i love 9mm! Member

Throw a magpul angled forgrip ($25), magpul 4inch OEM rail extension ($8), and some aftermarket optics of your choice ($10-whatever!), and maybe a custom barrel shroud!

Attached Files:

13. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Looking for mods for your 995?

Try us out:
    www.longshotmfg.com

We have Picatinny rails, shrouds, bumpers, charging handles...stainless and brass. BEAUTIFUL, if I do say so myself.

You can purchase right from the secure site, using PayPal.

14. panoz77

panoz77 Member

At least until paypal finds out that you are a gun parts supplier and freezes your account and funds ;)

15. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Sure, it's a weapon, not a Barbie-doll. But don't you want your weapon to look as good as it can? You spent money, you show it off, you use it. You admire it. No harm in putting some lipstick on that pig, right? :)

Attached Files:

16. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Lovely. Thanks for the heads-up.

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Yeah, you might want to check their policy.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full
    Bullet #2 (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories <<<<<This is where they can get you.

I personally know small retailers who have had funds frozen ($1000's of dollars) in perpetuity

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal-Archive/Firearm-policy/td-p/105446

https://www.google.com/#q=paypal+firearms+policy+frozen+funds

18. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

not sure i like those aluminum rails as you can also use magpul rails that are the exact same thing and are spec'd for military firearms !!

19. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Take BITCOIN ;)

and/or regular credit cards