New carbine owner

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by jeffcneal, Nov 19, 2014.

1. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

Hey ya'll! First post here and it's a question: Is everyone reasonably satisfied with the dual magazine clamp on their 995ts's?

thanks,
    Jeff

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the asylum, and while I don't have a 995, I do have one on my 4095TS and love it. It allows me to have 30 rounds on hand and I haven't had a problem with mags falling out of it or the rounds popping out of the mags.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the great southwest!

I have the mag holder on my 995ts and it works great!

4. Hokieman1987

Hokieman1987 Member

I have a 4095 but the design is the same. I do like it and it will even store the higher capacity Pro Mags if you are so inclined to use them.

5. I like mine, never had any problems with it.
    [​IMG]

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

NO problems with the magazine holder, I have several of them.

7. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

Thanks for the input. One review I read elsewhere said that it "messed up the guns balance point":confused:and added too much weight. Neither comment made any sense, but I thought I'd ask.

This will be my only centerfire long gun (primarily a shotgun guy), and I'm really excited about trying it out.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well as long as you don't leave your man hands in your old lady's purse you'll be fine. Just hang some mall ninja off the front rails and balance it out. lol

9. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

Absolutely! Lights and lasers, Here we come:D!!!

10. I really like the mag holders on my 995ts. When I get my other carbines I will be putting the holders on them also. As for the extra weight I don't even notice

11. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

Thanks for the reply. I questioned the reviewers complaints because we're talking about a pair of 9mm, 10 round magazines and what looks to be a "junk-free" holder. His hang-up about balance puzzled me as well since the assembly is towards the rear of the butt-stock. I think this guy was just someone who can't appreciate a fun gun. But after spending the day with a friend of mine and shooting his, I just HAVE to have one!

12. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

That guy was a little sissy wimp like Obama that is why the weight was a problem for him. These guns are for real men. :D

13. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

I couldn't agree more! Weight? Hell, I'm putting a bottle opener on mine if I can find the space after everything else I've got planned:D!!

14. I took my first 995ts to the range to test out and my wife went along. After the 3rd trigger pull she told me it was hers and I had to buy my own. It took me a while to find one but I was able to get me one also. Right now I'm saving for a 4595 becuase I think it would be cool to having one in 45

15. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That's funny!......

16. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

That's another reason I'm so stoked about this purchase: my 5'4" tall wife will be able to handle it without fear of recoil. And I can only hope that she tells me to buy a 2nd one;)!

17. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Yes, another one joins the carbine club. The 4595 is great, but you will also need to get a JHP as they share magazines and every carbine needs a baby brother. Then you will need to accessorize all the carbines, get extra magazines and buy ammo. Yes the economic activity this generates improves the economy and this is all due to the purchase of a firearm that is reasonable priced and fun to shoot. Just need to get the haters on board now, but we can use the economic argument.

18. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

I'm thinking my initial on-line purchase of accessories from Hi-Point will include a: mag holder and 2 mag combo, 7 additional mags, 2x4 mag pouches, soft case, and a free t-shirt. I'm all about doing my part to help the economy!

19. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I just got a JHP to go with my carbine and I need to order more mags as I only have 12 now. Let me know what you think of the mag pouches, I need some but haven't ordered any.

20. jeffcneal

jeffcneal Member

I'll be sure to let you know, but I think they'll be good ones. The magazine pouches and soft case are manufactured by Ace Case mfg. in St. Louis. Missouri. I have several of their shotgun cases in various lengths and have always found the quality to be top notch. Yeah, I know I'm a geek, being enthusiastic about a brand of nylon gun cases:rolleyes:.