Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this struck me as pretty strange. The guy that works the gun counter at a local Dunhams informed a friend that they actually had one of the new carbine stocks in back, but it was only for a promo, and they weren’t supposed to display it as of yet.

Sounds like it could be a load of hogwash to me, but at the same time I found it interesting and thought I'd post it up here, as it's rare I get to start any sort of rumor anyway :p

Anybody else in the Midwest come across a similar situation?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Unless it's a new ATI stock???

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
OK, here is what you do.
Sneak in there in the middle of the night & get us some pics of it!!

Or you could just ask him to take a quick peek at it & quickly snap a picture on your camera phone for us :whistle:

If it's for real I'll give you a cookie :lol:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, with condition and Thay, i was just curious if any other folks who shopt at Dunhams have experienced anything similar, and/or if they could ask the clerks behind the counter the next time they shop there (if they happen to get somebody who knows what they are talking about that is).

G

·
Surely, with all the people on this forum someone is friends with a Dunham's employee that could them a peek at this or call the Dunham's that supposedly has the new stock. Come on guys, dig deep and find the right contacts.

·
Banned
1,409 Posts
I'll have to stop by my local and see what I can find out. The one store here is getting ready to move so they may be having a "moving sale" Good time to stock up!!

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I refuse to believe there is a new HP stock until I actually see it. The legend belongs with bigfoot and lock ness

·
Registered
116 Posts
What's a Dunhams? J/k I know what they are, but there are none in my immediate area so I have zero Dunham's contacts.

I would love to see one in the store/have the new stock in hand though.

Tom

G

·
I found this in another forum!

Quote from the forum: "They're coming out with a new stock for it too. A little less ugly than the factory stock, but I think I like the ATI stock better, still." http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288091&page=2

I'm not sure, I personally think this has promise. It looks lighter, and the Picatinny/ Weaver Rails are a plus! I just hope side rails become an option! Also a telescopic butt(or at least a hollow one) would be awesome and make it look more tactical. But, I like the straight-forward look better than the ATI. They need to tell us die-hards when they're coming out with this, before I buy an ATI stock. (I hope I don't get banished because of this!)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I refuse to believe there is a new HP stock until I actually see it. The legend belongs with bigfoot and lock ness
And the infamous 4595......... :p :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like the new stock, but whats with that butt pad ? personally I'd of preferred a folder but maybe ATI will offer one now, and where's Butler Creek when you need them ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dunhams must be a Midwest, Sporting store. We have many of them here in Michigan. I just bought my first 995 last week for $159.00, they were running a special on them. they usually run about $209.00. No one said anything about a newer look on the 995. I know my next buy is the ATI stock to change over, then a scope and then a muzzle break, and then, what ever, maybe a laser and light, bi pod. Then if I can afford it I probably should buy some ammo and shoot the thing.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Looks to me like someone has used their 3d software skills to manufacture
a neat conversation piece. Throw the BS flag on this one guys.
Look at the rails and that freaky spring loaded butt.
I will believe this one when I see a physical example.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I bet the price of the Carbines go up once these get attached...

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Is there a model release schedule? Those posts were from February,
and it is now August. Any Idea why they have not posted any
of the forthcoming changes to their site?
(Possibly reductions of standing inventories?)
I would also point out the first post of the thread
Hi all,

I just got a couple of photos of the prototype stock designs for the 995 and 4095. Very cool. Pistol grip, bunches of rails, adjustable length of pull. I'll definitely get one. As soon as I get a photobucket account set up and figure out how to post a photo I will post them. Sometime tonight I guess. I was told that these would not be the final version so take me for info only on which direction they are working.

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts