Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new 995 plain jane carbine a cabelas to day 169.99 minus 20.00 for a coupon. so 150 bucks for a new gun. I can hardly wait to shoot the thing. One question does it come with one mag or should it come with two?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a recent 995 addict. I took mine to the indoor range yesterday. I put a Truglo red dot it from Dicks ($29 clearence). At 25 yards, 1 big ragged hole group after sighting in. Now i need to take it to an outdoor 50 yd range. The Hipoint carbines are a great value. Dont be surprised if it doesnt like reloads. Mine doesn't. Shoots winchester white box perfectly.

enjoy

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
cheezhed, buy yourself several extra mags. I usually go to the range with six 10 rd mags & two 15 rds already loaded. When I start shooting the 995, I enjoy it so much I don't want to waste time loading mags!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can get 2 mags and a butt cover that holds them for $45 from Hi-Point directly. They just shipped my order for this today. No shipping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am a recent 995 addict. I took mine to the indoor range yesterday. I put a Truglo red dot it from Dicks ($29 clearence). At 25 yards, 1 big ragged hole group after sighting in. Now i need to take it to an outdoor 50 yd range. The Hipoint carbines are a great value. Dont be surprised if it doesnt like reloads. Mine doesn't. Shoots winchester white box perfectly.

enjoy
Mine shoot reloads well, hot loads light loads, it doesn't seem to matter...it eats them all. I shoot a lot of lead bullets that I cast through it as well...

LM

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive had mine a coupla months. ordered the but pad with 2 magazines from hi-point . never fails with all three mags . blazer alum. win white box and remington jacketed hollow point .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I shot the thing yesterday and again today putting about 150 rounds of my reloads through it with out a hiccup. I decided to do a complete disassembly and clean and ran into a few problems as the gun is slightly different the diagram that came with it but I got it all worked out and put it back together just fine. It is very accurate and looks as if it will be a lot of fun to shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.