New digs.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I'm moving this weekend, may be offline at least till monday. See you all then.

2. Ok man, good luck with the move :)

3. Ugg, moving, I hate it. Have fun ;)

4. Have fun movin, see ya monday.

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Hahaha, i scored some 'puter time over at rimfirehunter's... What a great guy he is.

The move went very well. Given the circumstances that were delivered to us. Here's a rundown of the list of things that didn't go well or were a setback.

1) The U-Haul did not have any tail lights, only brake lights. We had heavy fog this morning, and had my father cursing like a sailor.

2) Even though i packed everything I could after work this past week, My new place is still without dishes, and my hobby toolboxes.

3) I could not figure out how to pack up the tape gun. (I'll post pics of the new 'gun' when i find it, so don't get the gunny on me!)

4) Stairs are one of the inventions brought to us by Satan himself.

5) The weather man said this morning that we were into heavy thunderstorms and wind gusts, starting last night and going all day strong. (Tornado hit Atlanta, GA) We had light sprinkles when we were filling up the truck from 8am - 10:30am, and had it at the new place and mostly unloaded at around 2:30pm.

6) Father ate a corn dog from a gas station. 30 mins later he had to take my car and race to his house... which leads to #7

7) Earliest i can get the water turned on is Monday. (I can turn it on with a water tool, but i do not want to ruffle the water co's feathers)

8 ) The largest "U-Haul" they had available was nice to pack, didn't have to stack anything and risk damage. BUT it did drive like a lumber wagon, and you had to turn the steering wheel 30 times to VEER left or right.

9) DO NOT STAY UP ALL NIGHT FROM 2ND SHIFT TO PACK, LOAD, UNLOAD. I was up for 28 hours straight, and moving almost killed me. It would be different if i didn't work before the insomnia binge, but i have to make that $.

So, all in all, it went well... We (Dad, Uncle, 8 year old Brother, and myself were in the back of the U-Haul (Inside the U-Haul was a large TV, box springs, and mattress) Smoking ciggarettes, and watching buckets of water falling down outside)

:) I will be back on my own machine soon, I HOPE!

6. :shock: I hope the weapons made it there safe? :shock:

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Weapons made it there A-OK. The bersa was doing front pocket duty, while the others were in their respective boxes. They rode fine, and since we didn't stack, they laid nicely on the couch. :)

8. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Strange: get back with us another update!

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ugh moving blows. Glad yougot into the new flat ok. Might be doing some of that here VERY soon.....

10. I just came through a move and yeah, it does blow. I still don't have all my stuff unpacked yet.

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

All is well in the Strangerous pad, but i cannot find my cell phone charger! I know i packed it with the wires to the computer, but it's not in there. I found my Bluetooth charger, but the Bluetooth is useless without cell phone charger! :) All is well though, my little dog furbie is happier than a 4-pecker'd billygoat in a yard full of nannies!

[​IMG]

These are some pics of the pre-move, right before closing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. i have that same plunger. Kicks ass.

13. Uh, TMI?? :oops:

14. Nice digs Strangerous, I wish I had a house to call my own.

15. I might be making a 40 minute move to the east. I am not looking forward to shelling out crap loads of cash for the gas in my truck!!!

16. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I will not have internet on at my new place until the first part of April. So i am borrowing forum time from rimfirehunter until then, so i will be on sparatically until then. Definately no chat room until April... I miss this place already...

Side note: I put 130 rounds through the 1911 this past sunday. All 20 JHP's fed nicely. I also dropped the silhouette plates at 100 yards. but i had to aim 4ft to the right, and 3ft high to drop one... i was on a bench, and took my time... in a self defense situation, it would not work out like that, i'm sure.