Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new holster and grips today and I must say they are great! I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I just took my .380 to the range yesterday with new Houge grips. Wow, what a difference. Probably the single best thing that you could do to improve your shooting experience. The stock grip slides when you sweat, so the grips eliminate that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have the butler creek universal large, and it really does make it feel like a whole new firearm! Just be careful putting them on... When stretched they can rip.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Before you try putting the grips on ............ Heat them up under hot water for a bit......they will stretch a little more before they rip

Also i love the Houghe grips for my .45

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Putting a grip on the C9 sure does a lot for comfort 8)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bought Hogue Handall 17000s for my .45s and a pachmyer large for the C9.. the hogue on the C9 felt a bit too wide. Also no trimming was necessary for the Pachmyer.. it was an excellent fit.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Before you try putting the grips on ............ Heat them up under hot water for a bit......they will stretch a little more before they rip

+1...Also, dry it off thoroughly and add a tiny sprinkling of baby powder to the inside of the slip-on; makes it much, much easier to ease that baby on.

·
Registered
6 Posts

+1...Also, dry it off thoroughly and add a tiny sprinkling of baby powder to the inside of the slip-on; makes it much, much easier to ease that baby on.
A little squirt of the wife's hairspray works well also. It also dries tacky once the grip is in place but does not make it impossible to get off. Also, what is leftover after getting the grip on cleans up easily. My father in law taught me this trick when he was over one day while I was fighting trying to put new grips on my motorcycle.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i picked up a Hogue Handall for my .45 and had no problems getting it on. Didn't even have to use any baby powder or anything, and does it make it feel sooooo much better in the hands.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Now people it is called "HOGUE" not "Houge". Just wanted to clear that up. :-[

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.