New from California

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by HP-C9, Oct 5, 2014.

1. HP-C9

HP-C9 Member

Hi, new to forum new to Hi Point. Just bought a C9 after watching some torture test/test to destruction videos. I was impressed, so I thought I'd sign up on a couple Hi Point forums to see if I can learn some more about them.

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome! Lots of good info here. Everyone says to load your mags and let em sit. I dont have any hp handguns, but I love my carbines!!

3. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Welcome to the board, I'm doing the same thing.
    I'm picking up my first HP on Friday. :)

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

California - We'll PRAY for you!!!

Be careful, Hi Points are ADDICTIVE?

5. HP-C9

HP-C9 Member

Thanks! Been praying the part I live in can become the State of Jefferson.

6. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Welcome to the forum.

Those loony cronies in Sacto will never concede their power over the people. It is more likely that Mexico and La Raza will reclaim Aztlan before anyone outside of la, sf or sacto can be given a voice to oppose progressive liberals.

7. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum! As others have said welcome to the forum!

You'll enjoy your C9, mine shoots everything from brass reloads to wolf steel cased. It's always hungry and just eats them up.

Remember, run a few mags through it first before doing any "tweaks". Most run fine right out of the box while other may need you to polish up the feed ramp or tweak the mags. No reason to fix it if it isn't broke though right?

Oh and store your mags loaded for about a week before you head to the range the first time, helps break in that spring.

8. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

What area, I am in the OC ( can't believe I admitted that), just got mine a few weeks ago, in the first hundred rounds a few FTF, in the first 700 or 800 something like 2 jams, believe the ole lady limp wristed it as it didnt happen to me.

I have done nothing to mine and it shoots like a charm

9. MachoMelvin

I would always recommend using factory ammo (not WWB), the 1st couple of times out. If you have a problem, you can eliminate the ammo as the source of your problems? I always load & lubricate my new magazines a few days before taking them out to shoot.

10. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Melvin, sorry forgot to put that in. Yes, as with any new gun clean and lube it first. But save the tweaking for after a range trip.

11. HP-C9

HP-C9 Member

Butte county near Lake Oroville.

What's wrong with WWB?

12. MachoMelvin

Nothing Official, but there have been numerous complaints that the WWB (especially in the 100rd box) are not consistant in the size. Some of the casings are smaller or larger, even in the same box. So if you take your gun out for the 1st time & you have FTF or FTE issues, you get frustrated and start tweeking mags or polishing feed ramps, & nothing seems to solve your problem, you can elliminate the ammo issue from the start. You can move on to something else.

13. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

14. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Welcome aboard the crazy train! :p

15. Grant

Grant Member

Welcome aboard.

16. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

The casings are different lengths and so are the OAL (overall length) of the loaded rounds. I verified some of mine by measuring with a digital caliper. It's a crap shoot with WWB value pack.

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I don't have any issues with WWB after the weapon has been broke in. Before that its a crap shoot.