New from NW Florida

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Hdonly, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

Hello all. I am new here from NW Florida panhandle. Also a new Hi-Point owner. I have a .45 pistol and carbine just purchased this year. Love them both already. Some minor problems with steel cased ammo, but I am pretty sure it is because they are both so new. I am an old shooter and have done handloading, bullet casting, some minor gunsmithing and wood gun grip making. If it goes "BANG" I like it!

2. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Welcome from MO. Congrats on the Hi Points!

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the asylum. I spent some time out on the panhandle myself. I was stationed on NAS Pensacola for a while.

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Welcome from the Tampa Bay area. I lived in Mary Esther for awhile.

5. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Welcome to the forum neighbor I'm in Midway myself.
    Have you done any tweaks to your HP's, they can solve a few feeding issues right away.

6. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

I figured I would get some more rounds down the barrel before I worried too much. They both do good with brass. The coating on the steel must be just a bit sticky.

I was stationed in the 33rd TFW at Eglin while in the USAF. Got out and worked for the City of Valparaiso, just outside the Eglin gate for 30 years. Live in a spot in the road called Mossy Head now, out in the woods.

7. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Got friends out there, I got out after being at Herbie, love them 130s

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  8. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

Those gunships are pretty impressive. I got to watch a night demonstration one time. Just some massive firepower!! I was a weapons puke on F-15's in the early 80's. Came down here from middle Tennessee and just stayed.

Attached Files:

9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome to the site! :)

10. Welcome from, not too far across the border, in Fairhope, AL.

11. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

I went to Fairhope once several years ago on a motorcycle ride. Went to a place to eat where they throw the bisquits at you. Don't remember the name of the place, but if you leave there hungury, it is your own fault!

12. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome hd, from the great southwest!

Gotta love the carbines!! Fun fun fun!

13. That's actually in Foley, AL and called Lamberts. Ate there once and got sick - never went back. :(
    However, a lot of people like it, including friends and some in my family.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  14. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

That's right, Foley. I am suffering from "oldtimers" disease and CRS.

15. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome! We love range reports and pictures.