New guy asking a trigger question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by aztlan, Apr 19, 2015.

1. aztlan

aztlan Member

New guy in the forum. I bought a used 995 9mm at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. I am pleased with the purchase and also pleased with how well it shoots.

My biggest complaint is the trigger. I was able to reduce the trigger pull by half using a Glock trigger spring. It still needs some work. I want to also reduce the creep. I am hoping you guys, in the forum, can provide some pointers how I can reduce the trigger creep. My bolt rifles and my AR 15 have 4 pond triggers. My Ruger 10/22s have 2 pound triggers. I’m not a gunsmith but I have been working on guns for over 40 years.

Thanks

2. aztlan

aztlan Member

Wow!

I thought I would have gotten some 995 trigger tips by now.

Thanks anyway.

3. what_now

what_now Member

Short of fabricating a new trigger, or a trigger bar, or a sear cam you aren't going to get rid of the creep.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Apart from a light polishing of the moving parts there's really not anything you can do apart from redesigning it.
    Here comes the mandatory caution to not change trigger springs......
    The HP is what it is really.
    Many install the Joey trigger for looks and it does get rid of the side to side wobble.
    That's about it.
    Happy shooting

5. shotsfired

shotsfired Member

Nothing about the creep but if you hone a small radius on the sear you will have a much better trigger break.

6. aztlan

aztlan Member