Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I joined up recently as I purchased a used 4595TS and wanted to know more about the carbines. I doubt I'll be buying a Hi-Point pistol, I have that covered with several M&P's and a Glock 48. Also a couple Ruger single actions.
But the carbines have long interested me, I have some friends that have them.

I started shooting in the early 70s, as soon as I could hold a rifle up. All my male relatives were Army, Marine Corps or LEOs.
I spent 22 years in the Army, all my life since as a civilian has been divided between Montana and Arizona.
I'm a member of a half dozen shooting forums, my main area of interest and expertise is the Ruger Mini-30.

I took my 4595 out and it shot well, but I'm hoping to make it more ergonomical, and the controls more lefty friendly by adding an HTA bullpup stock.
Received 4 Redball mags in the mail today to go with my 4 9 rounders.

I'll do a thread in a few days when it starts taking shape.
Glad to be aboard, I'm sure I'll have some questions.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum, a JHP owner from Florida myself.

Reactions: sandog

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Questions are always welcome, lots of good answers (well mostly :p)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome from an old guy in Kentucky. I've got the 4595 and am very happy with it. Something about it reminds me of an M60. I lived in Phx for about 30 years before retiring and moving to Kentucky. I really miss the wide open spaces of AZ but not the city life.

·
What the Hell was that?
685 Posts
Hi all. I joined up recently as I purchased a used 4595TS and wanted to know more about the carbines. I doubt I'll be buying a Hi-Point pistol, I have that covered with several M&P's and a Glock 48. Also a couple Ruger single actions.
But the carbines have long interested me, I have some friends that have them.

I started shooting in the early 70s, as soon as I could hold a rifle up. All my male relatives were Army, Marine Corps or LEOs.
I spent 22 years in the Army, all my life since as a civilian has been divided between Montana and Arizona.
I'm a member of a half dozen shooting forums, my main area of interest and expertise is the Ruger Mini-30.

I took my 4595 out and it shot well, but I'm hoping to make it more ergonomical, and the controls more lefty friendly by adding an HTA bullpup stock.
Received 4 Redball mags in the mail today to go with my 4 9 rounders.

I'll do a thread in a few days when it starts taking shape.
Glad to be aboard, I'm sure I'll have some questions.
Welcome aboard, from Florida. I'm kinda like you, 1 carbine and a few pistols. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Whitefish for a couple years, and close to 30 years in the Gallatin Valley.
Welcome. I have seen you on the Ruger forum for years and I, too, spent time in Gallatin Valley graduating from Belgrade HS. Finally moved my almost 90 year old parents out of the area two years ago cuz they weren't doing well on their own.

Owning a Hi Point 9mm carbine brought me here about a decade ago.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
Welcome! I have 2 of those 4595TS's. I forget how many 9's, and 40's. I would like to get one of the Canadian 19" barreled 9's.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Whitefish for a couple years, and close to 30 years in the Gallatin Valley.
My wife is from Missoula. She is Evil.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
Most people from MT can't "appreciate" ND much.

Are you what's keeping her there? :cool:
MoonZie and Evil were checking out the Tweakerville Plantation a couple years before I bought it. :D:D

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
It was to expensive
We are a discretionary expensive community. :lol: I should have offered less for that place. It's a great piece of land. Be glad you didn't buy that trailer. It is the highest point on the street. The yard doesn't turn to a squishy sponge in the winter like mine.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
We are a discretionary expensive community. :lol: I should have offered less for that place. It's a great piece of land. Be glad you didn't buy that trailer. It is the highest point on the street. The yard doesn't turn to a squishy sponge in the winter like mine.
My yard becomes a frozen tundra in the winter. You just have to pray it doesn't freeze down to the water pipe.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
My yard becomes a frozen tundra in the winter. You just have to pray it doesn't freeze down to the water pipe.
It got so cold in 2016 we had "ice quakes." We had a hard freeze to the ground. Never heard of them. I woke up at 2am with the house shaking. o_O

The spiders are building a lot of webs everywhere you look. That is a prediction of a really cold winter.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Ice quakes you are lucky you don't get the snow snakes
Those are dangerous. Glad they are only on your side of the state

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
Ice quakes you are lucky you don't get the snow snakes
I killed worse today. Damned South American fire ants built a mound in my back yard. 2016 the winter froze them out, they're back again. I hate those things.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts