Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my C9 on a whim based on price and ordered 3 8 round magazines through Cheaper Than Dirt ($12 each).

Took it to the range last week for the first time and fired 16 rounds of Federal bulk 115 grain FMJ from each magazine without any issues. 64 rounds down range without any jams FTF or FTL issues.

This was with a new from the box unit and without feed ramp polishing or tuning of the magazines. I did drag a bore snake through prior to shooting but that's all the cleaning it had.

The sights were a little low and to the left after firing 32 rounds at 10 yards but all shots save 3 outliers were within the 6" ring of target. At 20 yards 10 of 32 rounds were within 6" ring 16 were still on the 8 1/5 x 11 target and the balance of 6 missed the target altogether. Truth is that I have some difficulty seeing that far and I am not a great marksman with this pistol, yet.

Overall I was quite pleased with the accuracy of this gun, I was doing better than others who were shooting Glock's and Sig's. It's well known drawbacks were no surprise (biggest being the sheer weight of the gun) and ity appears that I compensated pretty well.

So far, I am loving my inexpensive C9 and would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into shooting without breaking the bank.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Have a .45 myself.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Floridian and C9 owner.

·
Duke of Sarcasm
5,028 Posts
welcome to the group!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts