new guy from PA with a question

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by histed, May 3, 2014.

1. histed

histed Supporting Member

Afternoon, all. I'm new to this site, but not to Hi Point. Hope to meet new people and learn a lot more about making these firearms run well. First question - I was at Gander Mountain in Harrisburg this morning looking for a .380 for my wife and the sale guy told me that Hi Point had folded. Not according to their website. What's the 411?
    Thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. talon

talon the banned wagon

the 411 is, that the sales guy is an effing idiot and doesnt have a clue.

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

'Swhat I thought. Gander is supposed to be a stocking distributor. He said that they didn't have Hi Point, couldn't get it because Hi Point folded in December of '13, and any Hi Point I found would be used.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

In kindler gentler words.....:p......everything is fine with Hipoint.....:D
    You can't trust me with a lot of things, but trust me on this one, we'd be first to know.

Welcome to the forum.

5. SWAGA

OK, now you could go back and call him out in front of his manager....:D
    tell him he needs to go sell used cars or sumthing....

6. histed

histed Supporting Member

Or just stay out of THAT Gander Mtn. Not the first piece of false, useless or out of date information from there. Figured here was the best place to ask. Thanks - moving on :thankyou:

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

or better yet, email HP customer service, or thier distributors and let them know Gander Mountain (give the store number and the employees name) is telling customers that Hi Point is a dead brand. It might not cost the G. Mtn chain alot of money, but, negative publicity is never good.

8. SWAGA

That would be a sensible thing to do and we don't condone that sort of behavior around here....:D:p

9. wow that would be news to me that they folded , since i just talked to them last week. some people just hate hi point

10. histed

histed Supporting Member

Yeah, can't figure that out either. Hi Point is what it is - an inexpensive, fairly reliable piece of equipment. Definitely beats throwing rocks.

11. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Welcome from Northwest PA. I am way up in Erie bu have been in Harrisburg several times. In fact, I'll be there in about 3 weeks. Last time there I checked out Bass Pro, nice place.

As others have mentioned, that guy's either full of crap of badly misinformed. I just bought a new .40 like 2 months ago.

12. WELCOME He just tryn to sell you something he get's a bonus on or is a TARD

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have only been in about 3 or 4 Gouger Mtn's. I have NEVER seen a HP in any of them. They always roll their eyes & stick their noses up when I try to talk to them about HP's. I only go into Gouger Mtn anymore to give the sales clerks a hard time. They only sell select brands of gunz. And they think their guns are more valuable than anybody else's. I think they just want to KEEP their guns so they won't have to restock so often?

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    WELCOME to HPFF!!!

Slander Mountain... that's what I call them.
    Your experience is PROOF!

15. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    I heard the same thing, From local gun shop around here.. Maybe it's a distributer thing?

16. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! BTW, the GM around us here sucks...maybe the one around you does too. The guys behind the counter at ours would have better luck playing "pick-up-sticks" with their butt cheeks, than they would giving out good information on guns...Hi Point or any other.

17. histed

histed Supporting Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Yeah, Hipointer, the three around here all suck. Tallbump, Bass Pro is usually a class act. The guys there seem straight up, even if their prices are a bit high. Better than Gander. Place used to be ok, but its gone downhill fast!

18. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Can't agree more. The one here in my town used to be older guys that actually knew something about guns...they even used to have a full time gunsmith named Dave in there, but not anymore. They are all about pushing guns now.

19. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I only buy ammo from my Gander Mountain. There prices are reasonable and it's convenient to other stores. WalMart might be a bit cheaper, but they don't sell any firearms, and I always like to LOOK at while I am at Gander

20. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

the Gouger here has the highest priced ammo in the area. i'm done shopping there.