New guy in school

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by RandomBlackGuy, Nov 16, 2014.

1. RandomBlackGuy

RandomBlackGuy Member

I'm the newest member, the random guy that's usually everyone's friend.

I just bought a JCP .40 and I'm in love. Being from the low income side of the burbs, I'm quite familiar with firearms, cheap ones to be exact. I plan on buying a .380 or C9 for my better half, and maybe a 4095TS. I'm honestly struggling between that and a GSG5 for my "Sportier" rifle.

I say new in school because I'm a infant in the "true" gun world. I plan on learning a lot from you upper class man and honing my taste (and thirst) for firearms.

I literally want to accrue tons of money in my profession and take my family off the grid, so defensive devices are a must in preparations.

Without this sounding like a internet dating ad, I just wanted to debrief my fellow Americans on who was newly lurking around these forum hallways.

Happy shooting...

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the asylum. Check out our survival area for prepper stuff. Feel free to throw out advice, ideas, or inventions if you want...or borrow some.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    WELCOME!

If I were to have ONE and only one Hi Point caliber, it would be the 40!

JCP and a 4095. (Which I do have) Mag Sharing is a GO, (not so in a 995/C9) and higher capacity than the JHP/4595 combo. Cheaper ammo than the 45s and nearly as cheap as the 9mm. I saw PILES and PILES of 40 S&W for sale during the darkest days of the ammo scare, while 9mm and 45 ACP was non-existent. The GSG is a 22lr platform, right? If you don't already have a LOT of 22lr, maybe the 4095 makes more sense?

Good to have you here, I believe the HP carbines are a great value and almost as customizable as an AR. ery easy to disassemble, and a breeze to put back together! I watched a youtube video ONCE and did it. More for the disassembly :D

ALL Hi Points are +P rated, so there is plenty of room for hunting and SD use. Plus, the best warranty in the business. But I have not needed that at all, yet. Make yourself at home!

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

HP 40's are good!
    I would pick the C9 over the CF-380 for your 2nd HP, simply for the cost of ammo factor.
    GSG is a FINE 22 caliber gun. I have the StG-44 & 1911. The MP-40 is on my short list?
    But you would need to base your HP 4095TS vs GSG5 decision on your expected use, home defense or squirrel hunting? Here are a few of my 40's.

Attached Files:

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum !!!
    You'll find a lot of info here as about 80% own other guns besides HP's.

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome rbg, from the great southwest. I have been thinking about getting a 4095ts or a jcp. I shot a .40 cal pistol at the range the other day, and I really like the round. It packs a bigger punch than the 9mm and its cheaper than .45.

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome from MO..... Glad to have you..... Keep an open mind, and thick skin, plenty of knowledge to be had! Feel free to add anything you got!

9. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Welcome to the forum!

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from Texas. As you can already surmise there is plenty of information here all you need to do is ask. +1 on the C9 over the 380 as with the weight of the pistol recoil will be negligible and 9 mm is a lot cheaper than 380. Well welcome to the crazy train.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Dang...I thought that was my job.

Not sure any of us are Upper class, either.;)

Welcome, regardless!

12. Bull

Yeah...... Don't hear upper much myself...... No sometimes, but not upper.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

You just don't want to be called late for

Very few of us around here miss any meals :p

14. Bull

True dat brother!

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I wear a Fedora.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have a bunch of gimme hats.

17. Hermitt

I wear a (custom made in Lockhart Texas) "High-Roller" :p Texas Hatters....

[​IMG]

2012 photo

18. Bull

I wanted a cowboy hat once..... Was quickly informed I was mistaken..... But I got ball caps out the wazoo..... Don't like sunburning my dome.

19. Hermitt

This from about 6 years ago..... (authentic vintage top hat from the 30s)

Attached Files: