Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I am new to Hi Point Carbines but have some pistol experience. I think I am pretty disciplined and always try to do things right. A buddy of mine showed me his new 995TS with front grip and 4x scope and told me how much he enjoyed it. That was enough to get me really enthused about getting one for myself. Before I do, I will rely on some of the veteran 995TS shooters out there to give me some of their opinions and advice about the carbine. For starters, I am exclusively a range target shooter and would eventually like to qualify as a marksman in both pistols and carbine. I live and shoot in Florida’s Big Bend. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Best Always,
Celtic

·
Premium Member
21,483 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am new to Hi Point Carbines but have some pistol experience. I think I am pretty disciplined and always try to do things right. A buddy of mine showed me his new 995TS with front grip and 4x scope and told me how much he enjoyed it. That was enough to get me really enthused about getting one for myself. Before I do, I will rely on some of the veteran 995TS shooters out there to give me some of their opinions and advice about the carbine. For starters, I am exclusively a range target shooter and would eventually like to qualify as a marksman in both pistols and carbine. I live and shoot in Florida's Big Bend. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Best Always,
Celtic
9's are the most fun to me. A 4095 or a 1095 would be a nice cheap pig hunter rifle. Florida has plenty of those piggies. Evidently they don't want to eradicate them that bad as they only allow 5rd mags. Hunt them 24/7.

Welcome to the insanity!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Hello and welcome from Indiana! I have the 995TSFG, and I just put a red dot on mine, and out to 75 to 80 yards, I have no problem keeping them in the kill zone, on a B-27 target.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Welcome from Texas!
Have to caution you though, on the carbines...they can be habit forming. Have the 995TS and the 4095 in the High Tower Armory MBS95 conversion stock. Both are loads of fun and makes me want to spend more for additions.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome aboard! Happy 995TS owner here.

Looks like a hurricane is headed your way. Stay safe!

·
Premium Member
21,483 Posts
Talking to my brother right now. They kicked him out of the FHP academy. Only 3 students are staying. Traffic is getting crazy, gas lines.

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
..... would eventually like to qualify as a marksman in both pistols and carbine.
What does that even mean?

Are you a member of something that "qualifies you" based on some score, like maybe the NRA? In the Amy, Marksman is the lowest grade of target shooter, Sharpshooter is above that, and Expert is the best.

So I looked it up, the NRA pistol Marksman is 15 feet standing, 10 shots inside a 7.5" ring on a 9" plate, and you need 10 plates like that to be a "Marksman".

That should be easy enough.:thumbsup:

The carbine...maybe that would be the Tactical Rifle course of fire? 7 yards out to 100 yards, makes sense to me. Pretty easy with the 995 and a red dot, or even a low power scope.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
21,483 Posts
Ammo, bread, milk, water, booze, fuel for cooking, booze, ammo, food that doesn't need a fridge. Booze, water, and ammo.

Reactions: blazinbrazer

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Definitely see a recurring theme here TNT ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What does that even mean?

Are you a member of something that "qualifies you" based on some score, like maybe the NRA? In the Amy, Marksman is the lowest grade of target shooter, Sharpshooter is above that, and Expert is the best.

So I looked it up, the NRA pistol Marksman is 15 feet standing, 10 shots inside a 7.5" ring on a 9" plate, and you need 10 plates like that to be a "Marksman".

That should be easy enough.:thumbsup:

The carbine...maybe that would be the Tactical Rifle course of fire? 7 yards out to 100 yards, makes sense to me. Pretty easy with the 995 and a red dot, or even a low power scope.
Thanks for the info. It looks like I have already surpassed the NRA Pistol Marksman requirement a few times over so now I have to try moving up a notch and get whatever certificate they may give. If they don't give some kind of recogniton, that's ok. I just want to satisfy myself that I accomplished it.
The rifle accomplishment will have to wait until I get good with a soon to be mine 995TS.

·
Premium Member
21,483 Posts
Thanks for the heads up; time to head up to the Walmart
News from TN via Florida. If you gotta think about it? You're late:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts