Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post. bad pics but what do you think?/
Its got a home made muzzle brake (still needs paint) and barrel shroud with rail and cover on bottom, 17 rd. mag, AR-15 A2 rear sight, factory sling in single point position, barrel cut down to 16.25", and 3.5" inches cut off the buttstock. Got it sanded down and filled with silicone but still need to make butt pad still.
Any one else out there with a custom .40?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Re: New guy with a 4095.

where did u get the mag?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Its a 1911 15 rd. mag, it only takes 2 minutes to convert them. Only need a needle nose and small file. Bend the feed lips in and file the mag latch cutout to the right angle, bend cutout out with pliers and presto! Its really easy, surplus 1911 mags go for 4 bucks apeice! Why dont more people try this? 7 rdrs. hold 8, 8 rdrs. hold 9, and 15 rdrs. hold 17, have not tried a 10 rd. mag yet.... but i got ideas for an old steel 40 rd. drum!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Have you shot it much with the 15 round mag.? If so, how did it do??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not as much as i would like to have but it works flawlessly so far with both my converted mags. Only about 150 rds. between the 2 of them.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I would hate to be the Burglar breaking into your house with that setup! 40 cal is a good stopper coming out of a LEO pistol. With the long barrel the 40 cal has to be devastating!

·
Registered
773 Posts

Can we get some pics of the magazines and their mods? Would help out a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Looks good. Way to on figuring out how to make a 1911 mag work.

Post some pics of the mags, especially where you did the mods to make it fit. Seems to me about the only complaint about the 4095 is no hicap mags.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Man it looks like these things are getting popular this year. BTW nice looking gun and good find on the 1911 clips.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Tried taking pics of mags and conversion, but they dont come out well enough to explain it. All i got is a cell phone to take pics with, i'll try and post some measurements tomorrow. the conversion i've done works and is easy enough to do, but i'm still going to go ahead and start on making the tooling to reconfigure 1911 mags. If i can get the stamps and dies right i figure i can make or alter mags for dirt cheap! Dont worry i'll still post the do it do your self stuff here. I've got a lot of good ideas for HPs and other guns here and i just want to continue to spread the news.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Once again, any more custom/modified 4095 carbines out there. just want to see what everyone else has done with them.?! We are the rare breed, we gotta show that the 995 isn't the only way to go! I'm not knockin it, its a great gun, but my preference is with the .40.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts

Midway has them for $25.00 but we need to know what the grip length is. It's in the mag info on midway arms web site

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Pretty neat, I really dig the extended mag. Is that a muzzle break or a flash hider?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Just a muzzle break. I originally made it to thread on to my .22s and AR but commercial ones look better. So I bored out the threads and mounted it on the 4095 with set screws. Still haven't decided if I want to paint it yet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Gotta' ask it...are you serious about the mag mods? I'd hate to hack up a perfectly good mag that I may buy a pistol for someday. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.