Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow shooters ! I found this forum through SKS Survivors Forums.

I am a very proud owner of a .45 JHP, and have had it out to the range 3 times and have put about 350 rounds through her.

I'm using 230GR RNL reloads with no issues whatsoever, but some of my shooting buddies feel I should be shooting jacketed rounds. At $23 per 100 rounds, I still feel this is an affordable 45 caliber shooting platform.

What's everbody's preference for ammo ?

As stated, I'm new here, and have not found any posts regarding the ghost ring sight, but I must say that after I installed it on my pistol, it is not coming off. 4" groups at 25yds seems amazing to these tired eyes.

What's your preference when it comes to sights ?

Still looking at cleaning methods, should I take the slide off to clean the gun after every range day ?

And BTW, if you are at the range with a few 1911 guys and they are having a bad day, just offer them your Hi-Point and a full mag...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello fellow shooters ! I found this forum through SKS Survivors Forums.

I am a very proud owner of a .45 JHP, and have had it out to the range 3 times and have put about 350 rounds through her.

I'm using 230GR RNL reloads with no issues whatsoever, but some of my shooting buddies feel I should be shooting jacketed rounds. At $23 per 100 rounds, I still feel this is an affordable 45 caliber shooting platform.

What's everbody's preference for ammo ?

As stated, I'm new here, and have not found any posts regarding the ghost ring sight, but I must say that after I installed it on my pistol, it is not coming off. 4" groups at 25yds seems amazing to these tired eyes.

What's your preference when it comes to sights ?

Still looking at cleaning methods, should I take the slide off to clean the gun after every range day ?

And BTW, if you are at the range with a few 1911 guys and they are having a bad day, just offer them your Hi-Point and a full mag...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I shoot nothing but LRN reloads through my JHP. You dont need to take the slide off. I just run a brass brush with hoppes #9 on it, and follow it up with a boresnake with some clp. After about 500 rds, i pull the slide. Hi point recomends tearing the pistol down after 1000-1500 rds.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I hose mine out with composite safe gunscrubber and blast dry lube in. I clean the barrel with Hoppes 9 standard way! Complete tear down at the intervals that HP recommends.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm currently using 230g FMJ in my JHP but will be switching to 230g LRN as soon as my mold, press and all the other needfull things come in.

G

·
well i know the instruction sheet that HP sends says to use jacketed ammo but ive used lead in my C9 without any problems. i like to shoot a mag of jacketed ammo to help clean it out when im done. theres several guys here that have shot tons of lead through their hi-points without problems. as far as cleaning, i took my slide off after a couple hundred rounds and cleaned her up but i dont think ill do that but every 1000 or so from now on. i just use some Gun Scrubber (aerosol solvent) on it and i plan on getting a Bore Snake for it soon. by the way, Bore Snakes are my new favorite thing! ive got 2 already and i dont even like looking at cleaning rods now...bore snakes are just too awesome.
as far as sights i dont use the ghost ring. i squirrel hunt with my C9 and its easier to aim on a squirrel with the normal sights. no only that but theres a chance of the ghost ring catchin on things.
well i hope that helps...good luck with your .45!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.