Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, greetings from Texas.

I was waiting for a while to buy a JHP this past year, even missing some good opportunities to buy a C9 and 380 gunsmith specials.
While working on a Tanfoglio GT380 fire victim, I decided to check on a Haskell 45 for its metal frame. Less than two days later I see a JS45 at Gunbroker which I bid for $90. Picking it up tomorrow!

Y'all might see me post something here or there about Haskells, whatever I don't find, I'll find a way to make it.

In the meantime, attaching a picture of my Tanfoglio project, with a before picture.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Hey y'all, greetings from Texas.

I was waiting for a while to buy a JHP this past year, even missing some good opportunities to buy a C9 and 380 gunsmith specials.
While working on a Tanfoglio GT380 fire victim, I decided to check on a Haskell 45 for its metal frame. Less than two days later I see a JS45 at Gunbroker which I bid for $90. Picking it up tomorrow!

Y'all might see me post something here or there about Haskells, whatever I don't find, I'll find a way to make it.

In the meantime, attaching a picture of my Tanfoglio project, with a before picture.

View attachment 73161

I realty like these FIEs, always have. Theyre decent self defense guns and I would not feel under gunned if I was to have one on me. These were the 80s, Italian Hi Point. Everyone made fun of them but they sold like hot cakes and everyone liked them. I prefer the steel framed ones, over the aluminum frames. I never liked the slide safety, awkward and counter intuitive. Most people think that too.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
I never had one of the FIEs, but I like slide safeties BECAUSE they're counter intuitive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts