Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about getting a high point pistol. Not sure which one yet... But I have a few questions.

How bad does the gases come back into your face. Cause if I have read right it releases them from the top correct? Can this be changed or modded to not do that?

Is there a model that would be good for cc?

Is there a kit to change it to shoot 22 for practicing cheaper like glocks? and then put it back to 9, 40 or whatever for protection?

Are extra magazines easy to find at the local gun store?

Is there a saftey on the gun of some sort. I know a lot of people that think safteys are bad, but I really like having it, even if I don't end up using it.

Thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fogot to add that I am kansas city and love to meet up with someone to try one out before I buy one. I am a member of the bullet hole.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
How bad does the gases come back into your face. Cause if I have read right it releases them from the top correct? Can this be changed or modded to not do that?
I own a C9 and there are no gases, the casings eject from the right side and it cannot be changed.

Is there a model that would be good for cc?
I do not CC so I will let others answer that.

Is there a kit to change it to shoot 22 for practicing cheaper like glocks? and then put it back to 9, 40 or whatever for protection?
There are no kits for barrel conversion. The barrel is fixed to the frame and cannot be removed. With the money you save you can buy a .22 semi like a S&W 22a for practice, I see them on Gun Broker for $200 to $250.

Are extra magazines easy to find at the local gun store?
They may be available at a shop that sells Hi Points but I do not believe you will find them at Cabela's or Bass Pro in KC. Hi Point dealers are found by searching on the Hi Point web site by zip code http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/dealer_locator/dealer_locator.asp. You can also order them from Hi Point online http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/. There prices includes shipping and it takes about 5 business days to receive.

Is there a safety on the gun of some sort. I know a lot of people that think safteys are bad, but I really like having it, even if I don't end up using it.
There is a thumb safety and an addition safety that will not let the trigger pull if there is no magazine inserted. Any additional information can be found on the Hi Point site at http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/index.html.

Good luck with your search. Don't let the negitive comments on other sites deter you. They really are great guns for the price.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
i am from independence ,and know of two shops here that deal in hi points. Thy Onrops, and action arms. i think action arms will have the better price, or wait untill the next gun show. If you want to try out my C9 comp, which you cant hardly find, or my JHP, we can do that. Pm me for details.

SV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I am seriously considering it being my first hand gun. Cheap enough to learn on and let friends shoot it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am from independence ,and know of two shops here that deal in hi points. Thy Onrops, and action arms. i think action arms will have the better price, or wait untill the next gun show. If you want to try out my C9 comp, which you cant hardly find, or my JHP, we can do that. Pm me for details.

SV
I live in olathe, but work over off nall and 435. I would love to meet up with someone to see how I like the gun. Do you know of and KS gun shops or are the ones you listed also able to sell to ks residents?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

SV
I live in olathe, but work over off nall and 435. I would love to meet up with someone to see how I like the gun. Do you know of and KS gun shops or are the ones you listed also able to sell to ks residents?
i think, thought not sure, you can purchase a firearm from missouri as a kansas resident, but not the other way around. When ever you would like to go and shoot, i am more than ready. Does the bullet hole let you shoot your own ammo??? All i shoot is my own LRn reloads. If we go out though, i would recomend getting some factory ammo. that way , you will know a little better what to expect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, you can shoot whatever ammo you want in your own gun. Their rentals are a different story.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The C-9 Compensated is the one you're referring too. Any compensated pistol will release the gas from the top, so the physics will help keep the muzzle lower and closer on target. The C-9 Compact releases gases just like any other pistol. As far as magazines, my local shop in Texas sells 8 and 10 rounds for $20, so I buy directly from HP for $15 or $18, shipping included. Good luck! The bad thing about HPs is trying to find them (which is good since it means they are popular and worth it). Once you get one you'll love it. :welcome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts