new here

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by CaptHook, Sep 29, 2014.

1. CaptHook

CaptHook Member

Hello folks been looking at highpoint Carbine not sure which one to choose. 4095 or 995. Any help would be great .thanks.

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

Some will say 4095, like I would because I have a JCP .40, I can use the same mags in both. the 995 has problems with mags, can't use one in the other or something, but the 995 owners will say that's best. Some will say get them all.

And welcome!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

3. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome!

Do you have other firearms that shoot either .40 or 9mm? There are a few more accessories if you want to modify your 995 than the 4095.

Either one is a joy. Boring, really. They are dead nuts accurate and can keep putting the bullets back through the same hole. =)

One has a little more "punching power" than the other. Do you have a buddy that you want to go shooting with? Sometimes just the same size ammo makes the difference.

Either one does the job adequately. They're both great pistol caliber rifles, and FUN to shoot. If you can get one cheaper than the other, if you want a matching pistol to go with - sometimes it's just circumstance that warrants one over the other. I have the C9 and 995TS, and an ATI stock I want to use on my 995TS. But a buddy has a Glock .40 and a 4095 so they shoot the same ammo for him.

Sort of like flipping a coin between two beautiful women - hard to lose!

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

You forgot the 4595, the real mans carbine, not one of those girlyman calibers. :rolleyes::D:p

By the way welcome to the asylum, I mean forum. :D

I will not make any nasty comments about the Eagles, it will be hard but I will try. ;)

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

Not the way I did it, but if I were to do it again, I would buy the 4095TS 1st.
    BUT, it won't take long before you get the JCP-40 next!

6. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

I went with the 4095ts first, then the C9 as my first ever 9mm. I'm more of a 40 s&w guy, but I do see a 995TS in the near future... as soon as I can get my wife to forget about my last purchase...

Anyway welcome to the forum!!

Plano, comment away bout the Eagles, I enjoy a good roasting!! Yes I may live in Philly but never have been a big fan... as you can see from my avatar!

7. manzig

manzig Member

Welcome from another noob

8. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome capt! I have the 995ts and the 4595ts, but I also have a 9mm and a .45 pistol. It is commonality of calibers that made the choice for me. You really can't go wrong with the hp carbines, whichever one you choose!

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Cap't Hook...tell me you have a cannon...:p