Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
I've had a bunch of those lights, but I had to make some pvc pipe inserts so it would fit in a flashlight weapon mount. I took some 3/4" pvc and made it the proper length, then split it making 2 halves which filled in that gap on the light's body
I have them too. Bought a 5 pack of them twice. Gave some to friends. Doubt they would handle much reoil

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
I have them too. Bought a 5 pack of them twice. Gave some to friends. Doubt they would handle much reoil
I had/have on on my JHP 45. Got it from Mole, actually. It does fine for what I want to do - "bump in the night" stuff. No clue what would happen with high volume use. I take it off for most practice/training. Just enough to know where it's regulated.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
IMO any light will flicker under recoil unless it has really strong springs and or extra preload on the springs. Most lights only have one moving part (switch) so I suspect these would hold up pretty good, and for the price, maybe excellent

I need to run it and see

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I just bought a red dot after research on here. Picked one based on this posters choice that didn't require anything extra to get it to lineup with the iron sights.

Mine

My main concern is if this is how little these grip onto the rail? The cross piece is sitting flush to the rail in the grooves.

I will have to take the cap off the rear sight end if I do leave it as is. Thinking about just removing the rear sight and adding a laser sight as a backup to the red dot.

Edited

Without rear sights.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Actually haven't been able to take it to the range yet. Life and winter had been getting in the way. Now that the weather has warmed up, I'll have to find time to hit the range.
Too bad you don't have a home range, I did until the LEO down the street complained, rather his wife did and convinced him to talk to us. He eventually took advantage of the housing boom and sold his house that he got for next to nothing years ago. (y)

So now I'm shooting more, and I was going to get some dirt work before he moved, still planning on that 💪😎(y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Too bad you don't have a home range, I did until the LEO down the street complained, rather his wife did and convinced him to talk to us. He eventually took advantage of the housing boom and sold his house that he got for next to nothing years ago. (y)

So now I'm shooting more, and I was going to get some dirt work before he moved, still planning on that 💪😎(y)
I have to drive like 30 miles I think it is for the nice outdoor range I used to go to. It's toward Fort Knox and I'm in Louisville. I'd love to be able to shoot out of the back door but I'd probably have SWAT called on me if I tried. Wish I had a buddy with some land out in the country.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts