New Hi-Point C9

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by cmanhome, May 22, 2008.

1. cmanhome

cmanhome Guest

Hello all, I recently purchased a new C9 from a local Gun Dealer. I haven't fired it yet but plan on doing so this weekend. I was wondering if it is typical of the gun having a rattling noise when it is shook with the magazine with ammo loaded in it. Sounds like something around the handle area is making the noise.
    Any ideas?
    cmanhome

2. HiPoint4Life

HiPoint4Life Guest

Weight

:idea: The noise u here from the counter weight being loose. All C9's sound the same way when you buy them. I haven't heard of a way you can stop just yet I will keep you posted.[​IMG]

3. Don't worry cmanhome, it is perfectly normal.
    It's not really that loud(at least to me) so you won't notice it much.
    I wouldn't try to stop the noise since it is part of the weapons safety.

4. freedom

freedom Member

It is the drop safety on the C9. Do not try to change it and you may end up undoing the drop safety and doing more harm than good.

JUST SAY NO.

5. Yokel

Yokel Guest

I was just about to make my first post on this forum as a new owner, but you just brought up one of my questions yourself :)

I noticed the jingling also, so I bet this question is pretty normal with new owners...

6. shaolin95

shaolin95 Member

I was actually told by the sales person when I bought it so at least she knew about it and I guess some people complained to her. :)