New Hi Point Convert

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by EdRex, Jul 5, 2014.

1. EdRex

EdRex Member

Hi Guys,
    New to the group and happy to be here.
    I just bought a HP .45 after shooting a bud's .40. I was so impressed with the recoil and accuracy I researched and found A LOT of controversy regarding the manufacturer and these cheap firearms. I decided to take a leap and got a deal on one from ImpactGuns.com for $150. I bought three extra mags for it and went to the range to put a few hundred rounds through it. One of the mags had some fee issues but after tweaking the lips, not a hiccup.
    This machine is deadly accurate as I was plinking a 8" target at 75 ft.
    I have a ccw 9mm Ruger LC9 and that li'l guy has more kick than the HP.
    I do wish the slide had ridges on the side for a better grip as my fingers don't even make contact with the ridges when racking it. Next I suppose I'll do something special with the grips, stippling or buying some wooden ones...
    I don't really get the "ugly" look that non-owners refer to, when I look at the glocks I don't see much grace there.
    I'm thinking about a 9mm carbine from HP next...
    Nice to be part of the HP family.
    Ed

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Welcome to the Best Forum on the Internet.

Sounds like You have been paying attention to the various training replies here!

Bravo Zulu!

eldar

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Ed!
    You will find a lot of knowledge here.

4. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Welcome to the fun world of Hi-Points, Ed. The company does two things very well. They provide decent, affordable firearms for people of modest financial means, and the customer service is first rate.

5. HarveyP_KY

HarveyP_KY Member

Welcome Ed. I'm pretty new here, too. I read a lot of posts on this site before I purchased my first HP.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

Let you ADDICTION begin!
    20 HP's & counting

7. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome to the fun! :)

8. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    The nuttiest for sure...

9. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Hello and welcome from Texas, you now need to save up for you 4595TS to go with your pistol. Be warned the carbines are a blast to shoot so have plenty of ammo.

10. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the great southwest. The carbines are amazing! Get the 4595ts and your'e ready for the zombie apocalypse!

11. Welcome to the group. :D

12. Back2School

Back2School Member

Welcome home sanitarium